Last visit was: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:37 pm It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:37 pm

[ 4 posts ] 
 Music 
Wanee Veteran

Post Music
I just ramblin here but i wanted to spout off for a sec. Im in the middle of the gulf of f!*kin mexico right now, have been for 2 weeks and will be for another week or so and i miss people. It gets pretty lonely out here even tho there are people out here i have come to love whether it be from necessity or choice, either way these people are my extended family cuz i live with the SOBs for over half my life.

At the very second as i type this im listening to Govt mule sing 'Whiter Shade of Pale' and im damn near tearing up. And that brings me to my point. MUSIC HAS SAVED MY LIFE..... Numerous times in this short ride of 24 almost 25 yrs music has saved me in every sense of the word "save". I have sat with a despicable instrument of death to my head when i was young and a cd playing on random and it just so happened that a song came on i wanted to hear one last time came on and alas while listening to that song a beacon shone on me and told me that the light i saw at the end of that self destructive tunnel was not a freight train carrying TNT but a lantern lit by those before me. I have had my best friend break my heart 2 times in my life and after each time the ONLY thing that kept me from losing my s#%t was music.

A full tank of gas, pack of smokes, bag of bud, country roads, and a cd player full of music stitched my soul more times than i can count. I have tasted the salt water esque bitterness of desolation and darkness. Ive lost better friends than some people will ever have and longed for those poeple back in my life to no avail, and again music has filled that gargantuan void when the whiskey stopped showing up for work (f!*king lazy ass bastard). "Ive been jumping at shadows just thinkin about my life".

Those situations have carved a niche in my heart where music fits perfectly and although i have unsuccessfully attempted to meet several of yall at various shows throughout the past year i love yall. Maybe its the need to tell someone those words, maybe its real i dont know, but whatever the recipe is, it works.

Peace people, be easy!

Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:25 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Music
wear that music man,,wear that heart.
it fits, as you can see.
safe travels !!

Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:41 am Profile
Wanee Lover

I'm with you bro,Music is my church!!!!!!

In the imortal words of Mary from Kanoga park "Music is the best"

http://mulearmy.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:22 am Profile
Wanee Lover

I likes me some Rock and Roll. :D

Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:49 am Profile
 [ 4 posts ]