Last visit was: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:36 pm It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:36 pm

[ 8 posts ] 
 Mickes Q&A: Motels and credit cards 
Wanee Fan

Post Mickes Q&A: Motels and credit cards
Time for a 2nd Q&A-posting:

When on the road during our stay (plans is Florida-New Orleans both directions) we will try to fins some decent but not that expensive motels/hotels. Can you recommend some specific motel/hotel "brand" that is good. That way it might be more easy to pick them along the road - just keep eyes open for a identified sign.

A quest in connection to that: If you make that trip I spontanously think of follwing the coast. Is there some nice route going back to alter the scenario?

And last: I have a Visa and a Master Card. Would those be valid in most places? The less cash to carry the better but I guess you allways need a bit of cash at hand?

Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:20 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Location: SWFLwhere Gregg,Matt,Dickey and several others lived and still live!
Post Re: Mickes Q&A: Motels and credit cards
:) Hey! There Micke, Since I have travelled all over the place showing dogs here and in France...I can help a bit! FL has this booklet it is a small FREE publication available at most McDonalds fast food places & @ stores in bins like they sell the newspapers in! I jst got one myself they have a map of the different hotels,money saving coupons for places of interest,etc..ROOMSAVER.COM (FL edition) I think GA LA, will have them too? Some hotels, have a FREE card you can ask for join & U get Points for staying there.(Future discounts)Holiday INN is one and with ur membership they can help u find a room & U can select several different hotels that they own! Most all places here accept VISA& MASTERCARD, the logos are usually on the window or door of the places! There are also web sites to help u get these reservations CHEAPTICKETS.COM, TRAVELOCITY.COM are a few, they can also reserve U a car even book flights..Jst make sure U read the CANCELLATION POLICIES and ASK the

Last edited by Muleldy1 on Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:47 am Profile
Wanee Lover

ran out of room...ASK if they put a HOLD on your credit card? ALSO when getting PETRO(GAS) they sometimes do this I had two people stranded at an airport as( a hotel & car rental place put a hold on my card..not a fun time) they had the dogs with them and they had been shipped here from overseas..it all worked out eventually but if U can ASK..it would help! DO NOT LEAVE ANY $$$ Or VALUABLES IN hotel room and cover stuff up in the vehicle so no one will take it!! Kids eat free at some places too and several have started free breakfast for the whole family get a hotel with a buffet & it saves some money on the food scene too!DAYS INN is one SLEEP INN is another! I am not too sure of which Routes to tell ya as have been flying since Hurricane Katrina hvn't been to LA so maybe someone else on here can help? :!: New Orleans has a killer FLEA MKT on the waterfront...at least they did :?: has food all kinds of goodies jst be careful & check several booths out before you buy as u might find it less expensive at another vendor???hope this helps Peace and SAFE TRAVELS ..watch out for pickpockets too!!!!

Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:04 am Profile
Wanee Lover

:o When walking in New Orleans watch ur step..I had jst gotten new glasses and almost broke my ankle on the bricks there very uneven in some areas...(tennis shoes :lol: or flat shoes NO HIGH HEELS) :lol: I have never been to Mardi Gras but I bet they have alot ankle injuries during that time there :?: :roll: :lol: I think there is another little booklet called TRIPSAVER.COM?? I will chek on this and let you know :!: ANYone there no the name of the famous Irish joint :?: I can't think of it now...but I loved NOrleans when I was there cool place but be careful and watch your back since KATRINA violence has gotten pretty bad there???Not that is much better down here in the swamp..bt be alert...use common sense and U should be fine,careful at night! Do you or anyone in your party speak english? If not I reccomend one of those translater things...has like a conversion thing for the $$$$ too I found that very helpful in France?? Peace hope this helps :?: :D

Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:23 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Most helpful information everyone! I have to create some kind of database soon to keep track of everything you've passed in the thread so far... And now starts the weekend - in Sweden anyway! Think we are about 6 hours before you guys.

Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:55 am Profile
Site Admin

Quote:
Do NOT get a motel, or go anywhere near, Orange Blossom Trail or Pine Hills area in Orlando.!!!

:D I grew up in Pine Hills. It sure has changed over the last 40 something years!

What is your listening pleasure today? Find it at
AccuRadio

Deep Nuggets on Tunein Radio - Deep Nugs

Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:04 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Mulelady, it's called Pat O'briens.

take it... Seek knowledge from those wiser...
and teach those who wish to learn from me~

Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:04 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Thanks Jobu, I hve a case of CRS :lol: It is in the French Quarter too I believe...Cool place..the have one at Universal Studios...but I like the NOleans (Original one :?: ) best :!: :idea: :idea: Don't even mess with the VOODOO stuff that s#%t scared us so bad we hightailed out of a store there...We were going to get them as jokes!! NO JOKING around with that stuff......scary :roll: :lol:

Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:44 am Profile
 [ 8 posts ]