Last visit was: Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:57 am It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:57 am

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Wanee First Timer 
Wanee Gnome

Post Re: Wanee First Timer
Ok i'll try a little harder, our trio is leavin for florida via richmond, ky we've got the week prior to cruise around and find a beach before the festival. this is our second festival with the egg 2 yrs. old and we're curious of the size of the festival, it being its' 3-4th yr? i have seen the lake camp sites and river camp sites where are somee other fams going??

little help?

Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:04 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Location: SWFLwhere Gregg,Matt,Dickey and several others lived and still live!
:o I have never been and am still dabating the kid issue my gkids are 18(going on 30)she is definately going...the 16 yr old mentally could handle it she is mature thanks to big sister, but is a bookworm(thankGOD) the 13yr old is IFFY she thinks she can wear all this heavy duty mkup stuff so she is the one I am concerned as I get a feeling she could be a WILD one down the road?? :? :shock: They are all pretty mature for ages but,I still can't decide?I think you jst have to use common sense .... if they can mentally handle the crazy things they might see :roll: :shock: :? then OK, I don't want the 13yr old smoking weed or anything like that so...the other two KNOW better...it is a tough decsion as i look at the kids and the canoes etc.. :? :roll: they told me the horses will not be riding during this event.. :lol: I can see it now a bunch of whacked out hippies trying to ride & either falling off or running over others?? :lol: I have a spot in the LOOP but does that mean I am LOOPEE :?: :lol:

Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:42 am Profile
Wanee Fan

TOOKY B wrote:
Ok i'll try a little harder, our trio is leavin for florida via richmond, ky we've got the week prior to cruise around and find a beach before the festival. this is our second festival with the egg 2 yrs. old and we're curious of the size of the festival, it being its' 3-4th yr? i have seen the lake camp sites and river camp sites where are somee other fams going??

little help?

The festival is approximately 10,000 to 15,000.

Jacksonville Beach is the closest beach.

There are playgrouds scattered throughout the park. I have seen a lot of kids/families camping next to the Mushroom Stage (the amphitheater). There is a large playground permanent bath house and shaded camping.

If you bring your kid you MUST bring shade for him/her. It will be fiery hot, near 100. Seriously. The large stage is unshaded as it is a big field. I've seen parents with kids there in April and thought it was child abuse because their kids had on no clothes, no sunblock, and provided no shade for them.

All I'm saying is if you bring the kid you must take precautions from the sun. It's not like playing in the backyard in KY (my roommate is from Bowling Green).

take it... Seek knowledge from those wiser...
and teach those who wish to learn from me~

Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:27 am Profile
Wanee Lover

RvrRat wrote:
Do people come and go in their vehicles much....RE: Walmart for supplies, ice, etc. Or do most park it when they get there and not go anywhere til time to leave Sunday morning?

Is it going to be hard to get your truck out on Sat morning if you got there Thursday....campsites between you and the road out?

Inquiring minds want to know!!!

They have a little store on site so you can get what you need there. If you don't have what you need ask fellow campers. I needed neosporine and a bandaid one year...my next door neighbor campers in the RV hooked me up and made me promise the next time I wiped out it would be where they could see. :)

Where in SF are you coming from? We are from Fort Myers and are leaving Thursday morning at 5 am sharp to get there and set up by 11:30 for the meet and greet.

Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:04 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

[Calypsomamma wrote:

Where in SF are you coming from? We are from Fort Myers and are leaving Thursday morning at 5 am sharp to get there and set up by 11:30 for the meet and greet.[/quote]

Hey Mamma, I understood that the gates do not open till noon on Thursday. Please advise.
p&l

Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:17 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Hmmm now that you mention it I just read the guidelines and they mention parking area opens at noon. I know that the campground is open all the time - not sure what that means. I will call in the am to find out. Just tried and thier office closes at 6.

We planned on getting there around 10 to be set up by 11ish...but that might not be possible.

Any help fellas?? - I think i recall seeing someone getting in on Wed or even all week.

Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:05 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

You can get there early if your willing to pay for a extra day which is seperate from normal ticket price's you would have to call for pricing...that's if you go on Wensday not sure about getting there early on Thrusday you may or may not be able to get in early as the people that work the "ticket" booth may not be there till noon...Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:20 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Just called the park and the gates open at 8am so ----let's roll!!! :D

I wish it was this Thursday. :cry:

Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:30 am Profile
Wanee Lover

tomorrows thursday !! can we go tomorrow? please?

** i'll be writing notes for all of those that need a work excuse !!!

Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:46 am Profile
Wanee Lover

I am ready Wavo!!! SOOOOOOO ready.

Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:13 am Profile
 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next