Last visit was: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:19 pm It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:19 pm

[ 5 posts ] 
 Backyard Tire Fire-Daytrotter Session- Wanee 2010? 
Wanee Pro

Post Backyard Tire Fire-Daytrotter Session- Wanee 2010?
Backyard Tire Fire
The Skinny On Old Skin And Old, Weary Bones And The People They Live In
Mar 26, 2008
Words by Sean Moeller

The city of Bloomington, Ill., that the rustic trio known as Backyard Tire Fire calls home is down a stretch of four-lane interstate that takes you slicing diagonally through the state into accent country and the states where a four-wheel drive truck and a canister of chewing tobacco are birth rights or as close to them as you can ever get. It's right around that area where Gretchen Wilson learned all about bars and Jack Daniels.
It's a city that supports one major university, one smaller liberal arts college, all-American visions as far as the eye can see, a standard of living that isn't all too complicated and used to support David Foster Wallace, the master of the unnecessary footnote, as he lived there for 10 years as an English professor completely a masterpiece in Infinite Jest. The city itself sounds like a footnote, neither here nor there - just like the here that we know, just a functioning Midwestern city that one can expect the lights from dozens of slow pitch softball games to glow strongly enough to read by every night of the week during the sticky summer nights, well into the 10 o'clock news hour. It's a place where you could expect one in every third motorist that should drive past you on the side of the street, stranded with a flat tire, to not only be capable of changing that mess, but willing to take the time to do it. Backyard Tire Fire members Ed and Matt Anderson and Tim Kramp have all likely performed such an act of Good Samaritan-ism, perhaps even in cruddy weather. Ed has shoulders that one could swear were worked into shape by tossing hay bales during those days of the aforementioned sticky softball nights. The beards aren't ironical. The friendliness isn't a game of kiss ass the way the boys from Brooklyn sometimes do it. Their integrity is woven into the country twang that they bring to life with the kinds of gentle country instruments you bring around a campfire - the acoustics, the banjos, the pianos, the friendly bass and the drums with brushes. Within the perimeters of their songs, the band finds time to explore personal aging hardships, aging dilemmas, common afflictions and more than enough of the bright lights, big city sorts of questions that come from big eyes as well as worn ones. Read the rest and download/listen to Daytrotter session @

http://www.daytrotter.com/dt/backyard-t ... 37496.html

BRING BTF TO WANEE 2010

Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:51 am Profile WWW
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Backyard Tire Fire-Daytrotter Session- Wanee 2010?
bring em on!! I have a Backyard Tire Fire sticker at my desk here at work. they are a blast! :D

Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:38 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

f2photo wrote:
Backyard Tire Fire opened Wanee Fest in I think 2007... Never had heard of them before then, but damn what a way to open a show... With a name like that you better be able to play I thought at the time and play they did!! Ya gots to love any band, who in the middle of a jam, can time out to yell "Go Cubbies"... LOL

Agreed. I am really trying to get the ears and attention of those in control ( Michellegabriel@livenation.com )to bring BTF to 2010. In fact, go to http://www.iamnotjerry.com and they are featured on the home page and in the streaming section. There is a Wanee Show as well.

Backyard Tire Fire Wanee 2010

Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:41 am Profile WWW
Wanee Veteran

Listening to them right now for the first time. Diggin it!!

Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:16 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

izzab wrote:
Listening to them right now for the first time. Diggin it!!

The guys are really great. I have hung out with them more than I have attended their shows. Which they will be glad to tell you about.

The Mill in Iowa City

Backyard Tire Fire Wanee 2010

Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:38 pm Profile WWW
 [ 5 posts ]