Last visit was: Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:27 pm It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:27 pm

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 More Accurate Map 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: More Accurate Map
You see where the river comes close to River Road about half way to the beach area? There are some killer primitive campsites there with views of the river. There is a steep cliff there, and some people camp right on the edge. It’s not for the faint of heart, or drunk!

Check it out:

Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:10 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

That could be a tough decision....awesomely beautiful spot vs closer to the fun stuff...after all, I am a River Rat!

Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:14 pm Profile
Wanee Master

I could wake up to that view every morning!

Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:16 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I hope you don't sleep walk!!!!

Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:23 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

liketosmoke wrote:

Nope...if I get up in the middle of the night it will just be to find the closest tree.....note to self...camp with 2 or 3 trees between truck & cliffs

Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:27 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

RvrRat wrote:
liketosmoke wrote:

Nope...if I get up in the middle of the night it will just be to find the closest tree.....note to self...camp with 2 or 3 trees between truck & cliffs

It is a beautiful area to camp I must say, and it's really not that far from things. I would imagine these spots fill up pretty early on Thursday.

Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:32 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Quote:
It is a beautiful area to camp I must say, and it's really not that far from things. I would imagine these spots fill up pretty early on Thursday.

Hmmm....9 or 10 hour drive from Richmond....If I leave at midnight....

Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:35 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Oh well.....whiskey is in the truck....time to go meet drinking buddies....great weekend to all!

Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:37 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Location: SWFLwhere Gregg,Matt,Dickey and several others lived and still live!
You guys are too funny!! Andie, I think we might need nightvision goggles!! :lol: I did have a scope around here somewhere :?: And that is funny they told me I had the last site with full hookups :?: :?: So now that I am hearing first come first serve this will be interesting :!: I think I will just have to get there earlier than we had anticipated :?: :roll: Rvrrat...watch out for the gators, snakes, and spideys :shock: :lol: What is the deal with this Rees lake you are saying don't camp near that? I am confused too :? But like this map better than the other one....got to get new glasses this week.then maybe i will be abe to see :lol: Oh Just reread your post ANDIE, I thought you had full hookups :?: :roll: :oops: Those who sleep walk might want to invest in those leashes or tie a rope around you so you won't wander off into the forest or the river :shock: :o :lol:

Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:55 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Mulldy, You don’t have to worry about your spot. You are in the loop area. They were saying it’s a free for all out by Rees Lake. The loop is the more traditional RV camping area. It is the only place in the park that has full hookups I believe. Full hookups means it also has a sewer dump as well as water and electric. If you have an RV and don’t have a sewer dump site you might have to use the community dump station and there was a huge line trying to dump there on Sunday morning. All around the loop there are these quaint houses. We met some people that live there. They seemed to be very happy.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:24 am Profile
 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next