Last visit was: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:51 am It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:51 am

[ 7 posts ] 
 A Panic Fan's Perspective 
Wanee Gnome

Post A Panic Fan's Perspective
I'm sure the topic of reservations regarding the Panic crowd invading Wanee has been covered at length, but I thought I would throw in my two cents anyway.

First off, this will be my first Wanee and I could not be more excited. I have heard nothing but good things and am literally counting down the days till April.

Though there are exceptions to the rule, I belive you Wanee vets will find the Panic contingent to be respectful, knowledgable, and grateful that our favorite band was included in this legendary lineup. There isn't a Panic fan our there that doesn't respect the Allman Brothers. Even before Jimmy's addition, these two bands were family. The WSP crowd knows this and,will only add to the already pristine legend of this event.

Lastly, I see that a lot of people on here will be attending their first Panic show while at Wanee. I can not wait to see some of your faces after the first night. Specifically as of late, this band is firiing on all cylinders and will do nothing but impress. For those of you looking to brush up on Panic before the shows, try PanicStream.com, a fan site that streams live Panic shows. Allow me to recommend 11-28-09, Charleston SC - a recent show that was jawdropping.

Anyway, forgive the rant, but I just wanted this board to know that most Panic fans are humble, fun loving people, who will give this event the respect it deserves.

Can't wait for April. See yall out there.

Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:01 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: A Panic Fan's Perspective
I haven't been able to catch a show in years and can't wait to see the either. Good point on the faces of all in attendance to thier first Panic show. It will be amazing.

Who has the camera??

Oh wait - put that thing away...wouldn't capture "the moment" anyway. :)

Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:13 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

rant? doesn't read like a rant to me! really enjoyed the post, made me smile. welcome to the forum!!

signed

1st time WSP show for me and I can't wait! :D

Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:19 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

It's one big family... :D

Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:22 am Profile
Wanee Lover

This will be my first Panic show and I have been trying to get up to speed with streams and vids. Some groups are just so much better live than anything you can play. I get the feeling Panic falls into this category. So I'll be there...trying to work my way to the rail to get the full experience. It's good that there are 2 shows...If someone is on the Mushroom stage that I really want to see during the first show, I get a second chance. And if they don't click for me at the first show, it's off to the Mushroom the second nite.

Looking forward to seeing what all the talk is about!

Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:22 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

oh yeah, and Deac....imagine the best place on Earth to see a festy, the best people at the festy, the best music of any festy...

then multiply it by a million and that's WANEE. YOU ARE GONNA LOVE IT!

my 1st wanee last year, and I had great expectations. when I rolled in on Wednesday, all expectations were blown out of the water. and the music hadn't even started! it just got better and better. it was the hardest thing in the world to LEAVE.

Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:25 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Great post Deac...I too can't wait to see the Panic virgins get blown away. I agree the Charleston Sat night show was mind blowing. The best I have seen in a long time. Panic rocks my world :P :P :P :P

And Wanee is an awesome festy. This will be my 2nd Wanee. When I saw my favorite band was going to be at my favorite festival I got so excited I almost peed my pants :o

It just doesn't get much better! :D :D :D :D :D

Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:06 pm Profile
 [ 7 posts ]