Last visit was: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:02 pm It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:02 pm

[ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The 25th Anniversary Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Concert 
Site Admin

Post The 25th Anniversary Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Concert
November 29th on HBO. http://www.hbo.com/events/rocknroll/index.html
Schedule in case you miss it and it looks like it will be available "On Demand" also. http://www.hbo.com/apps/schedule/Schedu ... _ID=695991

Details of the show from http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/tvblog/hb ... e9FqMQChgJ
On Oct. 24 and 25, Madison Square Garden served as the epicenter for rock and roll fans. Icons such as Crosby, Stills & Nash, Aretha Franklin, U2 and The Boss himself paid homage to the rock gods by putting on a two-night show to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Now on Sunday night(11/29), HBO is bringing the concert to your living room. And we can't think of a better way to burn off all those Turkey dinners that by rocking out to the sounds of the below classics.

Here's the lineup for the four-hour special:

Jerry Lee Lewis: “Great Balls of Fire”

Crosby, Stills & Nash segment: “Woodstock” – Crosby, Stills & Nash; “Almost Cut My Hair” – Crosby, Stills & Nash; “Love Has No Pride” – Crosby, Stills & Nash, Bonnie Raitt; “The Pretender” – Crosby, Stills & Nash, Jackson Browne; “Love the One You’re With” – Stephen Stills, James Taylor

Stevie Wonder segment: “For Once in My Life” – Stevie Wonder; “The Tracks of My Tears” – Stevie Wonder, Smokey Robinson; “The Way You Make Me Feel” – Stevie Wonder, John Legend; “The Thrill Is Gone” – Stevie Wonder, B.B. King; “Higher Ground/Roxanne” – Stevie Wonder, Sting; “Superstition” – Stevie Wonder, Jeff Beck

Paul Simon/Simon & Garfunkel segment: “You Can Call Me Al” – Paul Simon; “Here Comes the Sun” – Paul Simon, David Crosby, Graham Nash; “The Wanderer” – Dion, Paul Simon; “Two People in the World” – Little Anthony & the Imperials; “The Sounds of Silence” – Simon & Garfunkel; “The Boxer” – Simon & Garfunkel; “Bridge Over Troubled Water” – Simon & Garfunkel

Aretha Franklin segment: “Baby I Love You” – Aretha Franklin; “Don’t Play That Song (You Lied)” – Aretha Franklin; “Chain of Fools” – Aretha Franklin, Annie Lennox

Metallica segment: “For Whom the Bell Tolls” – Metallica; “Sweet Jane” – Metallica, Lou Reed; “Iron Man”/”Paranoid” – Metallica, Ozzy Osbourne;“All Day and All of the Night” – Metallica, Ray Davies; “Enter Sandman” – Metallica

U2 segment: “Vertigo” – U2; “Magnificent” – U2; “Because the Night” – U2, Patti Smith, Bruce Springsteen; “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For” – U2, Bruce Springsteen; “Gimme Shelter” – U2, Mick Jagger, Black Eyed Peas; “Stuck in a Moment You Can’t Get Out Of” – U2, Mick Jagger; “Beautiful Day” – U2

Jeff Beck Band segment: “People Get Ready” – Jeff Beck Band, Sting; “Let Me Love You” – Jeff Beck Band, Buddy Guy; “Rice Pudding”/“Foxy Lady” – Jeff Beck Band, Billy Gibbons; “A Day in the Life” – Jeff Beck Band

Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band segment: “Hold On I’m Coming/”Soul Man” – Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band, Sam Moore; “Ghost of Tom Joad” – Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band, Tom Morello; “Fortunate Son” – Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band, John Fogerty; “Pretty Woman” – Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band, John Fogerty; “Jungleland” – Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band; “A Fine Fine Boy” – Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band, Darlene Love; “New York State of Mind” – Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band, Billy Joel; “Born to Run” – Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band, Billy Joel; “Higher and Higher” – Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band, John Fogerty, Billy Joel, Darlene Love, Sam Moore, Tom Morello

What is your listening pleasure today? Find it at
AccuRadio

Deep Nuggets on Tunein Radio - Deep Nugs

And don't forget Deep Jams Radio on Tunein Deep Jams Radio

Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:30 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: The 25th Anniversary Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Concert
This looks insane,I have been reading about it in rolling stone.

I can't wait to hear Metalica doing Sweet Jane and You really got me!!!!Plus a whole lot other good stuff......

http://mulearmy.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:37 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

OOOOoooooh, this is goooooooooood. :D

In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade and he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down and cut him till he cried out in his anger and his shame, "I am leaving, I am leaving"...

...But the fighter still remains.

Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:52 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

:shock: Holy crap..... That's gonna be good!

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:09 am Profile
Wanee Lover

I read about it in Rolling Stone too, It should be fantastic! :D
But I dont get HBO :evil:
Anyone feel like putting it on a DVD for me????? 8-)

Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:39 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

No doubt it will be out in retail shortly after! ;)

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:11 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Yup, probably just in time for xmas!!!

Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:07 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Did you see Jeff Beck? I would love to see him at the Wanee!!!

Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:35 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Second that on Jeff Beck. Lots of great moments all night long but the Beck segment did it for me. Starting with Sting who really belted it out then Buddy Guy!! and a surprisingly tight Jimi tribute w/Billy Gibbons and Beck's wrap up.

What else stood out?

Other high points for me were Patti Smith, BB King and the guy from Rage Against the Machine. I thought Mick kicked Bono's a$$, Ray Davies was good with Metallica but was disappointed in the Sweet Jane turn w/Lou Reed.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:01 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

willin wrote:
Second that on Jeff Beck. Lots of great moments all night long but the Beck segment did it for me. Starting with Sting who really belted it out then Buddy Guy!! and a surprisingly tight Jimi tribute w/Billy Gibbons and Beck's wrap up.

What else stood out?

Other high points for me were Patti Smith, BB King and the guy from Rage Against the Machine. I thought Mick kicked Bono's a$$, Ray Davies was good with Metallica but was disappointed in the Sweet Jane turn w/Lou Reed.

Can't remember when I last saw Jeff on anything, let alone play. I was more than impressed. But it was hands down a Stevie Wonder thing for me. I had just been wondering what he'd sound like in 09 and it was all and more than what I expected. Even the MJ tune got to me. Something to be said about music from the heart.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:21 pm Profile WWW
 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next