Last visit was: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:36 am It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:36 am

[ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Bath in the Suwanee River ... 
Wanee Pro

Post Re: Bath in the Suwanee River ...
LMAO - I forgot to list Zappa as one of my fav bands Dangit!

Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:12 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

In 07 the water level was so low people were picnicking in the middle of the river:

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:36 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Speaking of the water levels...can we get an update from a local or someone in the know? I heard someone say today that the Suwannee is all flooded. Is that true at the park or what is the deal?

Noted on the snakes and nakedness...I typically bring a few bathing suits and wear them under whatever I am sporting...never know when it is going to get too hot!

Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:06 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

The word is that the park is OK. The water level will be high though. It's better for those crazy tree jumpers.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:07 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

ugggghhhh - good breeding ground for mosquitos. Thanks for the update. Think it will still be high in June?

Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:11 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

Hey folks, hopefully this will help. I am a local (Live Oak) and just spent the last weekend camping at the park for the Jam. The river is still up above normal but it is not at a flood stage any longer. By the first of June as long as we do not have any more monsoons in the area then the river should be back down at it's normal level. The big problem will be the skeeters, there is still plenty of standing water which are skeeter breeding grounds and this past weekend at the Jam the little basterds were terrible. Make sure to bring plenty of repellant, citronella, or a flame thrower. As they say in North FL,"these skeeters are big enough to f!*k a turkey standing flat footed".

Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:43 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

As they say in North FL,"these skeeters are big enough to f!*k a turkey standing flat footed".[/quote]

Well this is one for the books...also a good one that my dad used the other day...."crazy as a peach orchard boar" evidentally they are crazy. :lol: Thought that is was funny.

Thanks for the update though...I like the flame thrower suggestion.

Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:33 am Profile
 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2