Last visit was: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:07 am It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:07 am

[ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Wanee 2009 stories 
Wanee Wizard

Post Wanee 2009 stories
got any good stories from Wanee 2009? share em here!!

one I remember was being SO frustrated during the Mule set, that damn Peach stage being so far away. So after a few songs I said eff it and Brett and I headed out to see if we could get any closer to the stage. It was packed..really hate it like that, I got to have my room to groove, but I kept going. We finally found a spot where the 2 of us could stand, and who is standin there? CALYPSOMAMA. she was feelin NO pain. I tried to hang, did my best, but in the end had to escape for a place with more room to breathe. I have vowed that next year I'll either get too effed up to not mind being up in the thick of it, or I'll stand at LTS's spot so I'm closer to the music, even if I can't see the stage!

Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:33 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Wanee 2009 stories
Ohhhhh!!! I remember that!! I was feeling no pain and had gotten seperated from my group...so as any good girl does...if you get lost go back to the last place where you knew someone..I weaseled my way through the crowd and found my friend I had made by our seats the last time ( thank you whoever you were) and told him that I may look ok now but if i fall face first into the mud please pick me up and set me upright in a chair. It was about then that Owly came by...good to see a SOS. Shortly there after Steely and crew came by and snagged me. Good times. Man I love that place.

Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:50 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

I just thought it was SO crazy, that we literally ducked in the very 1st place we found a place we COULD duck in, and there you were. in a sea of people, we land on a wave with Cmama!

I definately could have been in better sorts then. was in a funk about Mule playing and not being happy with my spot, not feeling settled. it led me to leave their set early... :shock: :o ...to head to the Mushroom stage to see the Nocs. In th end, it was the better choice for me. and thankfully I have been able to see the Mule several times since then, and have only seen GPN once after Wanee so I guess it worked out great!

Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:55 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I really hope that the Nocs come back this year. I will have you know that Vivian walks aroud singing Give me back my hammer give me back my nail, give me back my jeans and my JJ Cale, give me back my box with the 1/4 inch cable don't forget my toothbrush and my tabllllllleeeee. She also has a harmonica that she plays with the Nocs in the beginning of Stop the bus. So funny to see a 2 year old with this much passion for music. SHe knows more about excellent music at 2 then I did at 29. :)

Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:01 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

that is too fabulous for words. there's something about their music that kids definately get into. I have a lot of friends on the street team who have young ones who do the same thing. well, that and beyonce's ALL THE SINGLE LADIES...

I hope they come back to. it was just announced they will be at LILLITH FAIR...my comment was Lillith Shmillith, what about WANEE 2010?!! I am daily watching any announcements for shows so I'll keep everyone posted!

had a bit of a break from loving the band for a while..the loss of Bryan didnt sit well with me, along with a few other things. wasn't really digging their new music, didn't like that they were going to make a record with studio musicians and not the Nocturnals. BUT...all of that has changed. They are sounding better and better, and they are no longer making the record with T Bone and the Nocs will be on the new record, due out IN THE SPRING.

Grace's sequined dresses aren't too bad either. ;)

Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:08 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

I have a TON of memories of hangin at the campground with Stot..but for some reason, again, I couldn't put a story together for chit. it was all good, always a blast, but always a bit of a BLURRRRRRR.

Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:17 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

I had the pleasure to be at the mushroom stage when some guy FACE panted on the cement pad.... his buddy's had to carry him up to the road and the cops called the EMT's. Dudes face WAS a mess!! Only bad thing I saw at Wanee. I think that says alot for the vibe that is there!

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:20 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

UGGH!! oh nooooo. so glad I did not see that, honestly. I'd have done a face plant myself. not good with other people in pain..blood. so if you get effed up at Wanee, you really can't count on me to help!

Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:29 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

owllover wrote:
UGGH!! oh nooooo. so glad I did not see that, honestly. I'd have done a face plant myself. not good with other people in pain..blood. so if you get effed up at Wanee, you really can't count on me to help!

Been there done that to...only not as bad as he did...ran into one of his friends on saturday and he was in the hospital, he fell out on the thursday night show! Missed Wanee....poor guy!

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:37 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

another story I remember--after driving thru the night, straight through, 19 hours in the car and arriving at the park around 11am or so, get to our spot and set up camp I was in heaven. it was Wednesday so the park was virtually empty. We walked around a bit, checked out the stages, had some drinks and made a great dinner. We decided it was time to try to get on the forum, post about our arrival and how much fun we were having.

WHAT??? FREE INTERNET??? AT WANEE??????

yep, laptop worked just fine. it totally blew our minds. right there and then, we knew this was the greatest music park on Earth!! heheheeeee

Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:39 pm Profile
 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next