Last visit was: Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:17 pm It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:17 pm

[ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 VIP Vs. General Admission????? 
Wanee Gnome

Post VIP Vs. General Admission?????
As a first time tripper to Wanee I was hoping to get some feedback on the pros and cons of the VIP ticketing? I have read some mixing reviews about a few topics.....

Viewing- From the map I have seen the viewing doesn't really look all that spectacular, kind of looks far away.....any thoughts?? I would assume VIP ticket holders are still aloud to mingle among the rest of the crowd?

Beer- so, $1 a beer for VIP! how much regular price? are festival goers aloud to bring in there own beer to there camp site?

Facilities/ Merchandise Pros/Cons???

Any general feedback that would help to make Wanee the most incredible experience possible. My girlfriend and I are huge ABB , Trucks & Tedeschi fans!!!! and just general lovers of music sweet music!!! any insight would be helpful as we will be visiting from quite a distance...

Cheers!

-Cory

ps...anyone know if VIP will have an early bird price?

Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:57 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: VIP Vs. General Admission?????
never been in VIP but ill give you a general admission POV.

First and foremost BEER. You, at least in the general population, have to buy tickets to buy beer and food with. tix are a dollar a piece and one beer was like 4 or 5 tix.

you can bring beer into your camp area and most anywhere else i saw in the park except into the stage areas, as they have people at the 2 entrances watching and making you finish it before you walk in. You can bring water in tho. Guess it just depends on how much you plan to drink in the stage area. i did most of mine at my camp.

Facilities: Im sure the VIPs have access to better and more plentiful toilets, showers and whatever else. GA has like one bath house with a couple showers and a few crappers. Port-a-john are scattered throughout, as are woods. A river is there to wash off in, hell i just used a water hose i found by my camp and a bar of soap to hit the high spots.

merchandise: Meh... i didnt buy anything except a sweet ass hammock from a lil vendor and a...somethign else, i dont remember.

Maybe someone else can do better than me at describing stuff but thats my 2 pennies

Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:18 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I had general admission, but my camping mates had VIP. As I remember, there weren't showers but I think there WERE special bathrooms in the VIP area near the Peach stage. The viewing area was off to the side, but seemed a lot less crowded (as an outsider looking in). $1 beer instead of the $5 beers (and I'm assuming shorter lines). And I think they had a free buffet set up.

I'll let one of the VIP's let you know whether they thought it was worth it....

In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade and he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down and cut him till he cried out in his anger and his shame, "I am leaving, I am leaving"...

...But the fighter still remains.

Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:43 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

I did VIP last year and would definitely not do it again, just don't think it was really worth it for the size of the festival. It was nice having the nice bathrooms near the main stage but if you ask me, that's about all it was really good for. Other than that, we still used the bathrooms/shower house on River Road that was just open to everyone anyway. This year, I'm going to spend the extra $$ on reserved site and golf cart!! Now to me, THAT is worth the extra dough!!

Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:13 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

this ^ is what i hear too....but you'll find some that swear by VIP...
i personally couldn't see it for the Wanee fest myself...
i have seen no advantage to it there.
just another opinion tho.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:19 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

My wife and I have done VIP since 2007. Last year was VERY disappointing. Too many people and most knew more about American Idol than say, Devon Allman. Speaking of Devon, the worst moment in the VIP area was when a Wealthy Floridian gentleman @ or table told his family that Devon sucked, as he can't play the guitar like SRV and had no business @ Wanee. I bought a cheap beer and went out in the rain, danced in the mud.
Another complaint, most VIPers are the people who bring chairs and sit in them and bitch! (EVEN in the VIP area) 2008 VIP was NOT for real festival folk. Pro: food, beer. Con: EVERYTHING ELSE.

Will I do it again, yes. My wife has medical needs that can be better served doing the VIP route and a hotel.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:17 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Veteran

explain the reserved camping please, like where were those spots at? Also, does anyone remember how much a golf cart rental was, was there a rental at Wanee or did you rent them before the show and bring em in? I seriously need to procure me a buggy this year.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:49 pm Profile
Wanee Master

thedude420 wrote:
explain the reserved camping please, like where were those spots at? Also, does anyone remember how much a golf cart rental was, was there a rental at Wanee or did you rent them before the show and bring em in? I seriously need to procure me a buggy this year.

Most of the park has reserved camping (all numbered spots), where ever you saw an RV or electric/water hook-ups(See park map) are reserved camping spots as for a golf cart reserve them early they go fast and if you bring one I think you need to insurance on it SOS policy so they are not liable if you get hurt on it, check with park office.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:05 am Profile WWW
Wanee Veteran

ok well im gone have to get on the golf cart thing. I dont have a RV to hook up on the reserved site so i can scratch that, but i do want to get a cart.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:39 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

I have a golf cart reserved. You just need to call the general store. It's $100/day for 3 days. They take your credit card but don't charge it until the week before festival. If you go in early I think it's $50/day up until Thursday. Kind of stinks they jack it up like that but....whatever. Planning on sharing the cost with friends and to me it's well worth it! Plus, they're REALLY fun to ride around in and meet all sorts of crazy people :shock:

The reserved spots that I called about for the 3days was $70 per person with a minimum of 2 per site. So, it's an immediate payment of $140 for site with hook-ups. Call the main line at the park for that. Just call the park, they are very helpful. Last year I called and they mailed me a map of the park too.

OK, how many more days til Wanee.....?????

Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:30 am Profile
 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next