Last visit was: Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:44 am It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:44 am

[ 3 posts ] 
 ABB & Panic in Birmingham~Oct. 
Wanee Lover

Post ABB & Panic in Birmingham~Oct.
Widespread Panic, Allman Brothers plan dual shows in Birmingham
Posted by Mary Colurso—Birmingham News April 20, 2009 5:00 AM
Categories: Music
Jam band nirvana? Music fans in the Birmingham area may feel that way when they hear about a dual bill that’s coming here this fall: Widespread Panic and the Allman Brothers Band.

Widespread PanicThe two groups will perform on Oct. 9 and 10 at the BJCC Arena, promoter Red Mountain Entertainment announced today. Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. Friday through Ticketmaster, priced at $48.50 each.
Birmingham joins 15 other cities on the Widespread-Allmans tour, which kicks off Aug. 21 in Camden, N.J., and concludes Oct. 17 in The Woodlands, Texas. Southern stops include Charlotte (Oct. 3-4), Raleigh, N.C., (Oct. 11) and Nashville (Oct. 14).

Allman Brothers BandWidespread played a three-day stint in Alabama this past weekend at The Wharf in Orange Beach. The Allmans weren’t part of those shows, however. Keller Williams, the North Mississippi Allstars and the Avett Brothers served as opening acts.
Widespread and the Allmans are no strangers to this area; both have performed here often and the Allman Brothers Band includes a Birmingham resident, bassist Oteil Burbridge. The double bill is unusual, however. Although the bands have performed on the same bills at music festivals and are longtime road warriors, they haven’t toured together extensively.

Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:01 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: ABB & Panic in Birmingham~Oct.
i'm thinkin....yep,,,,,i'm there.

Sun May 03, 2009 12:06 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Post Re: ABB & Panic in Birmingham~Oct.
Just remember, Birmingham doesn't like WSP. 450 arrested at Oak Mountain there a few years ago. Cops profiled people with stickers for years after that.

take it... Seek knowledge from those wiser...
and teach those who wish to learn from me~

Sun May 03, 2009 12:31 pm Profile
 [ 3 posts ]