Last visit was: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:10 am It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:10 am

[ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 What was the Greatest Concert you ever been to? 
Wanee Fan

Post What was the Greatest Concert you ever been to?
First concert topic has led me to ask
What is the Greatest Concert you have ever been to?
Maybe post top 3 or 5 or 10.

The Greatest Concert I have ever been to was at Royal Albert Hall in 2000. The Who with some friends. Eddie Vedder pay two songs with them. Noel Gallagher played Won't get Fooled Again.
The Who usher in punk violinist Nigel Kennedy to help electrify Baba O'Riley. Paul Weller for a acoustic rendition of So Sad About Us, and Stereophonics guitarist-vocalist Kelly Jones for a nearly epiphanous Substitute.
In the Audience was almost was Mick Jagger, Ringo Starr, and Jimmy Page. I could see Mick Jagger from my seats dancing to Magic Bus.

Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:46 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Post Re: What was the Greatest Concert you ever been to?
I have that Who show on DVD.

I'll give my top 10,

1)Triumph/Saxon - Towson Center Baltimore, MD 1982 MTV Filmed It
2)SRV - Ritche Coliseum Collage Park, MD 1982
3)ABB - Beacon Run NYC, NY 2009
4)Gov't Mule - Mountian Jam Hunter, NY 2008
5)AC/DC-UFO - Capital Center Landover, MD, 1978
6)Pink Floyd - RFK Stadium Washington DC 1994
7)Alan Parsons - HOB Orlando, FL 2002
8)The Who - Sound Advice Ampitheater West Palm Beach, Fl 2000
9)Judas Priest/Iron Maiden/Whitesnake - The Palace Theater Albany, NY 1980
10)Black Sabbath/BOC Capital Center Landover, MD 1978

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Last edited by Dartdog82 on Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:10 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Mushroom

Not counting my experience at Wanee last year, I'd say I have different favorite concerts for different reasons:

Best time I've ever had at a show - Black Label Society @ The House of Blues in Orlando, circa 2005. My friends and I are big-time Zakk Wylde fans and it was the first time I'd seen him somewhere other than an amphitheatre...they did a 2-hr set in what is a pretty cool venue. My buddies and I were wrecked for about a week after that.

Best live band I've ever seen (as far as the tightest band that captured the feeling of the recorded material with little to no f-ups) would be the Red Hot Chili Peppers at the Sound Advice Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach on the By The Way tour. They were a phenomenal band and after just a song or two it becomes very apparent they've been playing together for a long time.

"Badge-of-honor music-cred" concert: I saw the original Black Sabbath for what I believe to be their last show ever together (albeit waaay past Ozzy's prime). They're still touring now, but under a different name with only two founding members plus Ronnie James Dio. The original four guys reunited a few years ago for what seems to be the last time and headlined the Ozzfest tour that summer. I saw them in West Palm Beach on the very last show of that tour. So unless they did a one-off since then that I am unaware of, it would seem like that was their last show together. Even if it wasn't, it was a damn good show.

-

Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:35 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

wholigan wrote:
First concert topic has led me to ask
What is the Greatest Concert you have ever been to?
Maybe post top 3 or 5 or 10.

The Greatest Concert I have ever been to was at Royal Albert Hall in 2000. The Who with some friends. Eddie Vedder pay two songs with them. Noel Gallagher played Won't get Fooled Again.
The Who usher in punk violinist Nigel Kennedy to help electrify Baba O'Riley. Paul Weller for a acoustic rendition of So Sad About Us, and Stereophonics guitarist-vocalist Kelly Jones for a nearly epiphanous Substitute.
In the Audience was almost was Mick Jagger, Ringo Starr, and Jimmy Page. I could see Mick Jagger from my seats dancing to Magic Bus.

nice spin off the thread mane.....ha.....

but ima gonna have to come back on this one.....i know i have a greatest but i gotta think....

several Springsteen shows have completely washed me of my senses......so has Santana,,,,so has Monte Montgomery,,,so has
Peter Gabriel,,,,,
hmmm..... wish i could have seen the Beatles and Cream....
or Jimi or

Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:05 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

and let me say,,to be current,,,,Panic,Warren,Bros,
D Trucks,Railroad Earth,Moe,SCI,Trey,Phishk,Umphrys,Yonrico Scott Band,so so many more greatest shows no joke......hm. :ugeek:

Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:13 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

these top my list...

Phish... this years 3 day hampton run... amazing!

Smashing Pumpkins... early 90s at the Ritz Theatre in Tampa

Moe... Bonnaroo 2006 late night costume party with less than 200 people there! They never sang, they never announced who they were, just jammed for hours in costume.

Tea Leaf Green... Coda in NYC 11-05

Beastie Boys... any and every show I have ever been to since 1986 has blown me away, these cats never stop coming at ya!

Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:25 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Wavo wrote:
nice spin off the thread mane.....ha.....

but ima gonna have to come back on this one.....i know i have a greatest but i gotta think....

several Springsteen shows have completely washed me of my senses......so has Santana,,,,so has Monte Montgomery,,,so has
Peter Gabriel,,,,,
hmmm..... wish i could have seen the Beatles and Cream....
or Jimi or

Saw Springsteen last Sunday night. Were you there?
like to have seen Hendrix , Beatles, Cream also I also never got to see Stevie Ray Vaugh
tell what you think of this young band
listen to the guitar in the song
this is my son's band and the young guitarist is really good.
His uncle Produced Springsteen last three albums

http://www.myspace.com/startthestatic

Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:42 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

There's soooo many and I'm not the kind of guy that like to "rank" but some of them stands for one or another reason and a couple of those are:

Led Zeppelin, Copenhagen 1971 -
I was 16 and hang on the stage floor just in fron of Mr Page. The LZ IV was that new that we never had heard Stairways. It was a grat concert for a 16 year old and the opening number was Immigrant Song.

Bruce Springsteen, Copenhagen 1981 -
Memorable show that lasted for 4 hours and 15 minutes. Those where the days when the original E-street band just couldn't leave the stage

Pink Floyd, Copenhagen - The Momentary Laps of reason Tour
It was the first tour without Waters (the Dark Side of the Moon concert with his band in Stockholm 2007 wasn't bad either ;) ). The circumstances where perfect. Out door on a rahter small soccer stadium, we sat on the grass about 15 meters from the stage, it was a summer night with full moon, the sound was the best live sound I've ever heard, the band was big and they made a long and fantastic PF show!

SRV in a small club in my hometown and the following jam -
This was the first European tour by Stevie. He had just made that guitar parts on Bowies Let's Dance and turned Bowie down :o when he was asked to tour with him. He said something like he "had a tour with his blues band" :lol: and this small club was included. We where about 500 people in a club for max 300. It was full out-put from start :). And if that wasn't enough Los Lobos played another small club later that night. Stevie heard of it and turned up there as well. It sound like a fairy tale but we jumped on the bus and entered yet another fantastic concert the same evening...

And theres lots and lots of other fantastic concerts that has a certain memory but I have to stop somewhere (and start to work as it's 9:12 am here in Sweden and I'm at work :).

Can't wait to see ABB for the first time in my life. We adored the Fillmore album and our teenage rock band tried our best to cover it.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:14 am Profile
Wanee Master

[quote] SRV in a small club in my hometown and the following jam -
This was the first European tour by Stevie. He had just made that guitar parts on Bowies Let's Dance and turned Bowie down when he was asked to tour with him. He said something like he "had a tour with his blues band" and this small club was included. We where about 500 people in a club for max 300. It was full out-put from start . And if that wasn't enough Los Lobos played another small club later that night. Stevie heard of it and turned up there as well. It sound like a fairy tale but we jumped on the bus and entered yet another fantastic concert the same evening... [quote]

I remember SRV playing at Montreux Jazz Festival in 1982 and got Boooed by the idiot people just because it was an acoustic day. In 1985 he headline the festival!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:16 am Profile WWW
Wanee Veteran

Big Cosmo's Sunshine Daydream - Spirit of Suwanee - '97??
Old and In the Way (Vassar, Dave, Peter) Dave Grisman Quintet, Merle Saunders & The Rainforest Band.

Damian Marley @ Freebird Live 2005
I was the opening DJ so needless to say I got to chill w. Damien & Stephen

Filter & Helmet @ The Edge Ft. Lauderdale
C'mon. Its Helmet.

Phish the West Palm Beach Auditorium '93
The tour they played chess w. the crowd. Jimmy Buffet came out and played Brown Eyed Girl & Fish played the Vacuum.

Grateful Dead - Tampa '95
In retrospect the show wasnt that good. But when I was there it was the best time ever!

Ratdog @ Wanee '08

Bobby & the boys were just magical last year. The afternoon turning into eveinging TWO Dark Stars, Two Cassidy Jams, Lazy River Road, Looks like Rain, Hard Rain Gonna Fall.

My prediction is

The Wailers Midnight @ THe Mushroom Stage Wanee 09 is going to make this list too

Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:41 am Profile
 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next