Last visit was: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:28 am It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:28 am

[ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 What was the Greatest Concert you ever been to? 
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: What was the Greatest Concert you ever been to?
Jeff Beck at Crossroads is amazing. I am a big fan of Tal (his bassist) as well.

Johnny Winter w. Derrick Trucks was pretty awesome as well.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:50 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

Best show ever---Phish, New Years Eve 2000, Big Cypress-Everglades. They came on at midnight and played till the sun came up! A close second is The Grateful Dead 9-18-87, Madison Square Garden, they played 2 nights then had a night off and played 3 more shows, this was show 3 and the night off showed. Jerry was at his best just shredding away on morning dew and having fun during good lovin'-la bamba- good lovin!

Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:39 pm Profile
Wanee Master

owllover wrote:
I forgot..one other of my favorite concerts was Soul Stew Revival's new Years show , 12/25/2007. again, awesome seats about 7 rows back in the orchestra pit at the Fox Theatre. I got to stand and dance the ENTIRE SHOW...and no one behind me to be bothered. I mean, everyone was behind me, but it was a ways behind me so no complaints. My first time seeing the North Mississippi Allstars and let me tell you...THEY BLEW THAT HOUSE AWAY!! seriously, it was un-be-lieveable. Then the Scrapomatics (mike's band) played...oh my oh my WHAT A NIGHT!! thinking of driving to Atlanta to see them again this NYE...

Owly I was at this show also!!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:21 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Pro

Speaking of Tal, anyone catch her with the ABB at xmas jam this year? The brothers came on around 2:00 am and played until 4:30. She sat in for Elizabeth Read and left everyone simply mesmorized. If you haven't heard it, pm me and I'll try to get you a copy.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:11 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Too many to even try to compare. Just trying to sort them out is humbling! I've got goose bumps and an overwelhming sence of being blessed to have been in the presence of so much great tallent throught the years.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:17 pm Profile YIM
Wanee Lover

mule4ever wrote:
Speaking of Tal, anyone catch her with the ABB at xmas jam this year? The brothers came on around 2:00 am and played until 4:30. She sat in for Elizabeth Read and left everyone simply mesmorized. If you haven't heard it, pm me and I'll try to get you a copy.

yes,,did see her at Warrens Christmas jam.....awesome !!

Fri May 01, 2009 8:19 am Profile
Site Admin

Not the greatest but probably the most memorable. 1982 The Who had announced their first (of a few) farewell tour. The event was outdoors at the T'Bowl in Orlando and the lineup was the B-52's, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts and The Who. What a crazy mixture. Joan Jett didn't get that many songs out before she left the stage pissed because people were yelling at her but what was even worse/funnier was that the B-52's (from what I remember) didn't even get through their first song due to people throwing everything that wasn't glued down at them. We were about mid way back and it was amazing watching everything going on. There was so much energy in the air waiting for The Who to come on and when they finally did the place went wild. I have never see that much energy and craziness since.

What is your listening pleasure today? Find it at
AccuRadio

Deep Nuggets on Tunein Radio - Deep Nugs

And don't forget Deep Jams Radio on Tunein Deep Jams Radio

Fri May 01, 2009 8:31 am Profile
Wanee Pro

I was at that show. We were "high" in the stadium, and I was in a state of mind where everything was funny :lol: I had a friend that was into the B-52 and I was looking forward to their set... Has anyone seen a dog dyed dark green etc. etc. At some point someone on stage said "we don't care if you like it or not, we're playing it anyways" thats when people started throwing their shoes! That pretty much ended the set. Then, while waiting for the Who some dude walks over to the side of the grandstands and starts pissing thru the fence 50 feet down to the walkway below :o . 2 minutes later, here come the cops and they grab the wrong guy and start dragging him away. We all stood up and said no it was THAT guy. It was the right thing to do. The Who put on an outstanding show that night!

Fri May 01, 2009 9:58 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

2ndtime2wanee wrote:
Too many to even try to compare. Just trying to sort them out is humbling! I've got goose bumps and an overwelhming sence of being blessed to have been in the presence of so much great tallent throught the years.

I agree. Which to choose? ABB in 1970? Parliment in 1975 (the mothership landed!)? Santana in 1968? DTB at Wanee in 2007? Muddy Waters in 1978? Any number of the blues guys I've seen over the years ... James Cotton, John Lee Hooker, Carey Bell, Jimmy Rogers, Son Seals, etc. The True Believers in the mid-80's (look 'em up!)? Dylan's Rolling Thunder Revue? Wet Willie in 1976? Johnny Winter in the early 80's? That's just what crosses my cranium right now this morning.

Fri May 01, 2009 10:59 am Profile
Wanee Lover

don't hurt yourself Cyb... :lol:
you gots time to find the reaL answer....ha

Fri May 01, 2009 11:04 am Profile
 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next