Last visit was: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:44 am It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:44 am

[ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Are you a hockey fan? 
Wanee Fan

Post Are you a hockey fan?
As NASCAR had it's topic I add this. Was watching Sweden-USA last night. Even if Stanley Cup is still running (a lots of swedes in the teams are still playing there) theres also a World Chapionship going on in Switzerland. Last night was a great game but US-eyes might be full of tears (sorry guys).

After a good 1st period Sweden played lousy (and US team good) until 11 minutes left in the 3rd. Then our guys waked up from their slumber. USA was in lead 5-2. 5-5 full time and 6-5 sudden death win to Sweden :). Hurray!

Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:32 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Post Re: Are you a hockey fan?
It's a matter of trained eyes I guess. No problem though compared to the sport "Bandy". It's an as big as a soccerfield and a red ball smaller than a tennis ball. I know there's a US team but it's more or less just Sweden and Russia that is elite. Don't care of that but I love hockey. Even Florida has a NHL team :).

Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:15 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Hey Micke,

Florida in fact has a couple of hockey teams but to bad you will be here to late, the season will be over, it would have been a lot of fun for you and your family to see a game even though its real expensive for tickets. Maybe you should try to catch a baseball game when you are here. Tampa isn't to far from Orlando and We have an indoor stadium ( air conditioned ) and the Rays, who made it to the world series last year. I would imagine that would be an experience you can't get at home. If you are gouing to be staying more North you could catch the Braves in Atlanta.
Dont know too much about Atlanta but have heard its a pretty nice City. I live near and work in Tampa and there is lots of stuff to do here. Let me know if I can help.

Mike

Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:31 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Hello Mike and thank's for the tip. I was aware of Florida Panthers and as ar as I know the only Florida NHL team. Swedes are playing in lots of NHL teams but I cannot remember if any of them is/was in Panthers. Among the final teams right know there's mainly swedes in Vancouver and Detroit.

I would very much see a baseball game even though I have some problem to understand the action. Baseball is (and I guess every american is surpriced :) ) a very small sport in Europe. In school we use to do some easy variant of it but the professional game has rules I'm not aware of. We keep our eyes open when we're here though. I've allways wanted to see a NHL game but as you say it's too late when we arrive. I can brag though that my favorite team Malmo Redhawks has a new arena and that is rated as NHL-class by many experts. Sweidsh national hockey is international and good. It's a big sport here and you might know some of the swedish players if you're interested.

I gues this stay is too short for us to fins a game as well but I hope there will be another oportunity later.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:45 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Not really. Just views and there isn't any following up like NHL wich is covered a lot. Formula 1 is big and rally.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:58 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Might add that there was a bit of covering during the cart serie we hade the swede Kenny Brack driving. Kenny won Indy500 and then he survived a total messup crash 2003. It was a miracle to survive that if you saw it. He did a short comeback 2005 but ended his career after that.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:02 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Let's go Chicago Blackhawks! Micke, nothing personal, but I want the Blackhawks to crush Vancouver.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:03 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I live about 5 minutes away from the Bank Atlantic Center where the Florida Panthers play. So no, I don't know what professional hockey is like!!!!!

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:19 pm Profile
Wanee Master

CAPS fan here, tough match with the Rangers now we have Pitt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:18 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Fan

I prefer Soccer over Hockey. Even though I would like to go to a Atlanta Thrashers game.
I was in Portugal last summer during the Euro Cup. Portugal was fun to watch with my friends living in near Lisbon.
Can't wait for the World Cup next year.
How's Basketball received in Sweden?
and of course american football A Great Dane Mort Anderson Kicked the Atlanta Falcons into the Super Bowl.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:12 pm Profile
 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next