Last visit was: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:28 am It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:28 am

[ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Are you a hockey fan? 
Wanee Fan

Post Re: Are you a hockey fan?
waneewoman wrote:
...then moved to NC and saw the start of the Carolina Hurricanes (Whut up with NC...can't come up with their own team names, just keep stealing them form Florida?!)

Easy there, waneewoman. Folks from NC can come up with their own team names. I didn't know "The U" had the market cornered on using "Hurricanes". Enjoy the thrashing your Pens put on my Candycanes. The Pens have a realistic shot at beating the Wings.

And what other nickname has NC "stolen" from FL? Panthers? They haven't been relevant since John Van Biesbrook(sp?) was there.

Nothing but respect,WW.

Thu May 28, 2009 1:38 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Aww, no worries wcskins! No doubt we'll not win the cup....but maybe won't be thrashed like last year...holy crap! I'm just glad NJ and Philly blew it!

It's just confusing sometimes living here in NC hearing the names when all the FL versions were of different sports but the same names...me blondie mind can't take the confusion!

Thu May 28, 2009 1:59 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

WW, whats wrong with the flyers.
agreed the Devils are a hated team but my beloved flyers. sat it aint so

Thu May 28, 2009 2:48 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Congrads. Pitt. Penguins on winning the Stanley Cup, I'm just glad Detroit didn't win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:07 am Profile WWW
Wanee Veteran

kinda glad the pens won. i dont enjoy either team but the wings won last year. so, yes, congrats to the pens.

Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:29 am Profile
Wanee Peach

I am a HUGE hockey fan. I have been since I was a kid, and I was born and raised in the south. Just got lucky with some Canadian neighbors that brainwashed me LOL. I was reppresenting my Atlanta Thrashers on my car at Wanee, and got a few people that asked me questions about it hahah. Florida has 2 teams actually, The Florida Panthers (Miami) and the Tampa Bay Lightening (1 Stanley Cup). Atlanta has the Thrashers, and then North Carolina have the Carolina Hurricanes who are in possession of 1 Stanley Cup. Hockey in the South isn't big at all, but anyone with a brain knows that. Hopefully one day a huge surge will happen, but I just don't see it.

Go Thrashers!

Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:55 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

I am big fan of Hockey but i don't why currently i am not enjoying hockey as earlier get enjoyment from that...

Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:49 am Profile
Wanee Peach

tumescentliposuction wrote:
I am big fan of Hockey but i don't why currently i am not enjoying hockey as earlier get enjoyment from that...

:shock: :o :roll: :?

Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:22 pm Profile YIM WWW
 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5