Last visit was: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:26 am It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:26 am

[ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Warren Haynes played Guitar on David Allen Coe XXX album 
Wanee Veteran

Post Warren Haynes played Guitar on David Allen Coe XXX album
I was doing some research on the ol dog trying to figure out how he came up and I came across this....
Quote:
Warren Haynes got his[1]first break joining David Allan Coe's touring and recording band in the early 1980s. David Allan Coe Bass Guitarist Mickey Hayes first saw Haynes performing at a nightclub called "The Brass Tap" in Asheville, NC. Coe and the band had just finished a movie called "Lady Grey", and the lead guitarist was going to be let go. Hayes went to Coe and told him of a promising guitarist he saw and recommended Haynes be hired ASAP to join the band and fill the spot. Upon Hayes advice, Coe called and asked Haynes join the band. He joined that night and played in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
He toured for a few years throughout the America, along with trips overseas to Norway, Denmark, and Britain, amongst others. Haynes met Dickey Betts while recording a David Allen Coe X-rated album in the studio in Nashville, TN. Late at night during recording, Coe left and came back with friends Dickey Betts, Gregg Allman, and Don Johnson of the television show Miami Vice. This was Haynes' first introduction to Dickey Betts.

Awesome... To anyone who has'nt heard the XXX album, you should check it out. It is hilarious, wrong, racist, sexist, and every other vile and disqusting album ever made.... it is great.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:01 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Warren Haynes played Guitar on David Allen Coe XXX album
i repeat myself,but i'll tell it again since it sorta fits here,
sorta,,
but a good friend down the street (Dennis) grew up with Warren
in Asheville and Dennis's dad used to drive him and Warren to baseball practice,,,,and Dennis said Warren was always playing air guitar in the back seat.....he said music was all the guy lived and wanted.
persistence pays..

true story

Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:17 am Profile
Wanee Lover

I respectfully disagree with you about Coe and that stupid album. There is something about me you should know. I am an activist against racism. I do not tolerate people using the N word around me and I do not associate with people who think it is okay to use it.

Coe is a racist and that album is disgraceful. Warren is completely opposite. He played with Coe but he does not share his racist views. Sorry V, but I do not have any respect for people who think that album is funny. There is no place for that crap in the Wanee community.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:54 am Profile
Wanee Lover

the sun is out at my house

nevermind,thought i had something to say..... :oops:

Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:05 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Thats fine... that is your opinion. I am not racist at all, but at least I have a sense of humor. I had no idea that was Warren on that album. I think it is humorous. I think any Warren fan should check it out though.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:07 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Also, depending on who you are and where you grew up. The "n" word is not racist. We are from the south and the "N" word was just the way it was. My grandma used to say this little "n" boy at church did this or that. She was'nt being racist, thats is just the way it was. We have come along way as Americans in the last 40 years. Yes, the album is racist. That does not make people who listen to it a racist or sexist. I think everyone should listen to it. Just like everyone should try a psychadelic once in their life. It is a right of passage, a growing experience. Plus it has the greatest country song ever written on it. AND Jimmy Buffet which is a great song.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:10 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

liketosmoke wrote:
There is no place for that crap in the Wanee community.

Sorry, are you the mayor? Who are you to pass judgement.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:12 am Profile
Wanee Lover

i see both of your points...
growing up in the south (Mississippi in the 60's) i can see how far we have come.

i feel ya Vee,,,,i feel ya Smoke....

i also hear the N and other terms of racism in some Rap songs that is just plain wrong,,,,Bill Cosby speaks against it heavily.
Chris Rock to me is an example,,,, i like some of his stuff but most all you hear about from him is the color of ones skin.

this subject is touchy and has been around much longer than we have......

bottom line is,there is Right and there is Wrong....and we have it built into our internal make-up......it's what you do with that knowledge,,,thats key.

oh,,and peace brothas

Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:23 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Sorry... I just got a little fired up.... I am the farthest thing from a racist. I refer to my friends as dark hair, brown skin. I do not even refer to them as "african american" or whatever label. You don't know me from Bob. For someone to say "I do not have any respect for people who think that album is funny", that is a personal shot. I was just trying to enlighten some Warren fans who might have not heard the album, but might want to because it is Warren. So to LTS... Up yours buddy, go to Piggly Wiggly and buy yourself a sense of humor.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:35 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Let’s not ruin the forum. I apologize if you are offended. Maybe I should have said: I don’t understand how someone who is not a racist could think that album is funny. Do you think black people who had to deal with racism from redneck assholes their whole lives, think those songs are funny?

That album deserves to be in a trash can. I am entitled to that opinion. Again, accept the apology and let’s not ruin this place.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:46 am Profile
 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next