Last visit was: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:33 pm It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:33 pm

[ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Have The Black Crowes previously played Wanee? 
Wanee Fan

Post Have The Black Crowes previously played Wanee?
They seem like a great fit for the Wanee environment.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:17 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Have The Black Crowes previously played Wanee?
No They have not

http://mulearmy.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:27 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

well maybe this will be the year they do........

Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:29 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Am I the only one here that thinks the Crowes would be awesome at Wanee???

Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:49 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

This is just my two cents,Keep Chris Robinson and his bad attitude away from Wanee.I love The Black Crowes but Chris is a dick.If things dont go his way you can count on a bad show.I would much rather see The Drive By Truckers play Wanee again. :roll:

Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:26 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

iluvtopanic wrote:
This is just my two cents,Keep Chris Robinson and his bad attitude away from Wanee.I love The Black Crowes but Chris is a dick.If things dont go his way you can count on a bad show.I would much rather see The Drive By Truckers play Wanee again. :roll:

I guess I would disagree as to the dick persona affecting Wanee. Chris would be quite comfortable (IMO) as they are truly a hippie band and I hear there are a few of them in the woods?

I do VERY MUCH agree that DBT would be very welcome @ Wanee
8-) 8-) 8-)

Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:52 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Pro

iluvtopanic wrote:

IIRC things didn't exactly go Patterson Hoods way last year. The first half of the set was all about turn this monitor up, turn that one down, that light is too bright and on and on. At first I'm thinkin they're having some sound issues until he turned to the lights, then I'm thinkin just back the fricken mike stand up a couple of feet geez! They rocked the second half of the set, but overall I think the performance suffered as a result. Just my opinion of course.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:39 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

WFO wrote:
iluvtopanic wrote:

IIRC things didn't exactly go Patterson Hoods way last year. The first half of the set was all about turn this monitor up, turn that one down, that light is too bright and on and on. At first I'm thinkin they're having some sound issues until he turned to the lights, then I'm thinkin just back the fricken mike stand up a couple of feet geez! They rocked the second half of the set, but overall I think the performance suffered as a result. Just my opinion of course.

Your opinion is just that, as Patterson's mood (IMO) actually drove to what you call a better 2nd half. Obviously the situation warranted his attention, as he was having difficulty, I was in the front of the stage and clearly felt his frustration. To me it was the highlight of the weekend.(You can hear the show @ http://www.iamnotjerry.com/music.htm)

Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:52 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

I love me some Hippies!!! ;)

Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:14 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

The Black Crowes would be a great for Wanee. There is no way they would have a bad show because of Chris being a dick (not saying he’s not one). Here’s a neat story: Last year we went to a general admission Crowes show at the Fillmore in Miami. We were on the front rail.

All of a sudden during a lead break Chris gets this really pissed off look and he picks up his mic stand. This drunken girl next to us was trying to climb over the barricade. Chris whacks her right in the chest with the bottom of the stand, and knocks her on her ass. Then he stares down the security guard.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:15 pm Profile
 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next