Last visit was: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:32 am It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:32 am

[ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Why don't Tampa people dance? 
Wanee Lover

Post Why don't Tampa people dance?
;) I wish I was totally kidding..but I am not. Steely and I went to Clapton and Robert Randolph at the Ford Ampitheater and we were seriously 2 of the only people I could see on the lawn (forget about the chair people) dancing. We both commented on it and didn't let it slow us down. Thought it was just an older Clapton demographic and let it go...

We thought of this as an isolated incident until we saw DTB and Col Bruce (ST made a guest appearance (woot woot)) at the Ritz at Ybor. My lil group of 6 was jamming out like we were on fire and having the time of our lives....we look around and were surrounded by a bunch of head bobbers and NO dancers. I break it down in the kitchen on a Tuesday so there is no way in hell that I am not breaking it down live. So I pose the question - is this just Tampa or maybe am I the fish out of water??

Are you a head bobber or a shaker? :D

Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:06 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Why don't Tampa people dance?
I am definitely a head bobber....just ask AndieB. If I dance, people look at me like they look at Elaine Bettis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xi4O1yi6b0

Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:31 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

SHAKER!! and I'm totally fine with head bobbers, as long as I can be a shaker and not get any grief about it. there is nothing worse than someone yelling at you to SIT DOWN. this happened to me this past summer at a Joe Bonamassa show. it was FIVE dollars to get in this festival..an outdoor park with a huge screen to the left and right of the stage that showed Joe B as big as the empire state building. my crew and I are at the very front of the grassy area, directly behind the concrete area which is all standing. So everyone in front of us is standing...we are also standing and I am dancing my ass off. this guy in a red white and blue flag shirt screamed at us the entire show to SIT DOWN. I have never wanted to kick someone's ass so bad. of course I ignored him. :twisted:

Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

PS dance like there is no one watching. :D

Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:24 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

owllover wrote:
PS dance like there is no one watching. :D

I dance IF no one is watching.....I do stand while head bobbing.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:26 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

I'm more of a Bobber/Shaker kinda thing....... :shock: Probiliy not a pretty sight. :? Dosn't matter Jack D. helps me through other peoples laughter! :lol:

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:28 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

NCviper wrote:
I'm more of a Bobber/Shaker kinda thing....... :shock: Probiliy not a pretty sight. :? Dosn't matter Jack D. helps me through other peoples laughter! :lol:

same here NC.... what i do is bob and weave and do the bacon,,
then i run outta gas and bob and sneeze....then i just start to nod at some point.

C'mama,,,it is totally depending on the show.
if it's some of the elder rockers,like Clapton,it's more of a sitdown type show,or can be.....not saying YOU should sit down,,,but thats kinda what to expect.
I have a friend that is in his sixties and HE was pissed off at a Cream(Clapton) show because nobody was up and shakin.
some shows that are "guitar artist" oriented just do not bring in the dancin vibe....but i'm all for those that feel the need to get up !!

Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:41 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

When we went to the ABB show in Clearwater it was the same thing. We had second row seats on the end and we even moved over a little to the right so we weren’t blocking too many people. As soon as the first song started I saw the security guard ask the guy behind us to the right if we were bothering him. The guard didn’t know that we knew this guy.

Anyways, the guard must have kept asking around until he found someone who said we were bothering them. The guard comes up to us and tells us we have to sit down. I told him there was no way he can tell me to sit down. He agreed but said we had to move over in front of our seats. As soon as we moved over the jerk directly behind me on the left hits me with his program and starts screaming “sit the f!*k down”. I ignored him and just moved back over to the right. In between sets the guy who hit me tried to apologize but I ignored him again.

I can’t believe the nerve of people barking orders at strangers at a rock and roll concert. These people should be in some retirement home. Are they so old that they can’t stand up anymore? Are they so worried what they will look like? When I hear great music, I find it impossible to sit down. I feel the urge to stand and cheer.

This happens to me at almost every rock concert that is not general admission. There is always some angry guy sitting right behind us barking orders. And the security guards try to push me around too. It turns out to be a buzz killer.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:41 am Profile
Wanee Lover

I can't get over the nerve of some people either...I can't stand the down in front people...and all the aholes that you guys mentioned. People yelling to sit down really get my goat...Steely is the one that normally confronts those a holes. He could bring an ahole out of the woodwork in Target. Some people just attract them. :lol: :D As for thos people though at shows...go home and watch tv if you don't want to at least move enough to stand up or hell even head bob in the chair just don't tell me what to do. :) Well I am for sure a shaker...helps me get my ya ya's out. :lol: As Wavo said expectations are different at different shows as far as the bouncing levels and as per Marky I do typically need about a 5 foot radius and I have to ask what is the 'bacon"? :)

Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:08 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Oh yea, this guy made my blood boil. I mean, 2 huge screens he could plop down in front of...but no, he sits directly behind everyone that stands and expects everyone within ear shot of his screaming to oblige him and sit because he can't get his fat ass out of the chair? I can understand if someone paid high dollar for a ticket, but for a basically FREE concert in the park, you get what you get and you can stick that in your pipe and smoke it. I took a picture of his angry ass..when I have time I'll post it. LMAO!! :D

the concert SUCKED. people were too strange. in a small town...they were not your typical concert goers. :roll: the last picture is of me giving the town of St Jo the finger. :twisted:

Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:49 am Profile
 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next