Last visit was: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:28 am It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:29 am

[ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Beers 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Beers
Drinking whiskey is all about pacing....I usually get a pint bottle (or whatever it is now...375?) and make that last 4-5 hours. I bring the big bottle to share, but I only use the little one. If I finish it in 3 hours, I switch to water til the "coming down" headache starts to creep in. Then I can start all over. It does get complicated tho....for a couple o three hours after a big meal, a pint doesn't have much effect...have to adjust. I hate to eat so much that I can't get my whiskey buzz!

I've had Elijah Craig...good stuff. I have about 25 whiskeys on a self at home and from time to time, my Buds come over and we'll do shots of different ones to 'test' them. After the first 4 or 5, they start to taste alike. My most favorite is Wild Turkey Rare Breed but it is way to pricey to really drink. Gentleman Jack is great too, but about equal to George D. Since George is considerably cheaper, it wins.

I'm rambling on....Shutup Wally!!! :roll:

Fri May 29, 2009 11:33 am Profile
Wanee Demi-God

RvrRat wrote:
Drinking whiskey is all about pacing....I usually get a pint bottle (or whatever it is now...375?) and make that last 4-5 hours. I bring the big bottle to share, but I only use the little one. If I finish it in 3 hours, I switch to water til the "coming down" headache starts to creep in. Then I can start all over. It does get complicated tho....for a couple o three hours after a big meal, a pint doesn't have much effect...have to adjust. I hate to eat so much that I can't get my whiskey buzz!

I've had Elijah Craig...good stuff. I have about 25 whiskeys on a self at home and from time to time, my Buds come over and we'll do shots of different ones to 'test' them. After the first 4 or 5, they start to taste alike. My most favorite is Wild Turkey Rare Breed but it is way to pricey to really drink. Gentleman Jack is great too, but about equal to George D. Since George is considerably cheaper, it wins.

I'm rambling on....Shutup Wally!!! :roll:

I like George also....just parcel to Jack, taste is very close. You are right about one thing after 4-5 shot it doesn't really matter!

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Fri May 29, 2009 11:39 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Agree the days of beers all day long are gone but a few to start especially on a sunny day still works. Trying to decide what to bring has been tough until last weekend when I tried the Summerfest lager from Sierra Nevada. Lots of flavor but smooth drinking for a hot day.

For bourbon I'm a simple man -- Maker's Mark. Ice in the daylight none at night.

Fri May 29, 2009 1:40 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

they got landshark here in Mississippi too, but being that Jimmy Buffett is from Miss, i expect that. (Landshark is his beer i believe). Personally i dont like it, but then again i dont like corona with lime, i like corona without lime alot, i really like corona with a couple drops of Granadine in it.

I want to try this Magick Hat ive been hearing about, we dont have it down here, maybe i can find some at a gas station before the show, or maybe even bum one from a fellow peacher.

Although this is a beer thread, i see a lot of fellow whiskey drinkers, im a whiskey man myself. I really like Blantons, fairly expensive, but GREAT. Bookers is very good also, but very potent.

Wild Turkey for the crazy nights! Not for ABB

Fri May 29, 2009 2:06 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

thedude420 wrote:
they got landshark here in Mississippi too, but being that Jimmy Buffett is from Miss, i expect that. (Landshark is his beer i believe). Personally i dont like it, but then again i dont like corona with lime, i like corona without lime alot, i really like corona with a couple drops of Granadine in it.

I want to try this Magick Hat ive been hearing about, we dont have it down here, maybe i can find some at a gas station before the show, or maybe even bum one from a fellow peacher.

Although this is a beer thread, i see a lot of fellow whiskey drinkers, im a whiskey man myself. I really like Blantons, fairly expensive, but GREAT. Bookers is very good also, but very potent.

Wild Turkey for the crazy nights! Not for ABB

Try corona/lime/few hits of tabasco. Magic Hat #9 tastes like an apricot, its delicious.

Fri May 29, 2009 2:31 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

where can i get some magick hat 9? I want some. Will trade somebody some for some local south Mississippi brews if anybody interested. We got Southern Pecan - taste like a juicy pecan, dark and sweet, Indian Summer - spiced lager, medium body, and Reb Ale - newest one, pale ale, very good.

Fri May 29, 2009 2:38 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

plooker wrote:
I'll be bringing Sierra Nevada Pale Ale even though it's such a ripoff these days. Back in myyyy day, it was $6 something, now it's almost 10!

Redhook Longhammer is typically about $2 cheaper and is also tastier in my opinnion. However, since this will be available at the beer vendor, not a good choice for this festival.

As far as landshark goes: considering that it is only brewed at the Anheuser brewery in Jacksonville, it shouldn't be too hard to find in the surrounding areas.

Fri May 29, 2009 4:09 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

I was just at our local Harris Teeter (we all call it Hairy Peter :lol: ) and it now carrying Fat Tire beer. Will have to try it out!

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Fri May 29, 2009 4:44 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

NCviper wrote:
I was just at our local Harris Teeter (we all call it Hairy Peter :lol: ) and it now carrying Fat Tire beer. Will have to try it out!

I thought it was Hairy Tweeter. But then again, they were only down here in Florida for less than a year before Publix (or Pubelicks) chased them out.

Fri May 29, 2009 4:59 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

NCviper wrote:

Fat Tire Rocks! I found it out in Colorado, but they just started selling it Georgia in the past few weeks.

Fri May 29, 2009 5:19 pm Profile
 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next