Last visit was: Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:37 pm It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:37 pm

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Tom Petty 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Tom Petty
it amazes me that so many people have not seen it. I'll never forget seeing it for the 1st time. The Ravi Shankar/indian music part 1 is UNBELIEVEABLE. I literally sat on my couch with my mouth hanging open, not believing what I was seeing and hearing. Ravi's daughter...one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen in my life.

What comes after, there are simply no words. Billy Preston brings tears to me eyes on My Sweet Lord. Wah Wah...While My Guitar Gently Weeps...it just goes on and on. Eric Clapton hit it out of the park, and I know George just loved it. RIP George, my love for you will never die!

Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:46 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Now I must go down to my local library and check that one out...am I really gonna cry? George and John = two favorite beatles - John for his cynicism, George for his heart! The concert for Bangladesh was phenomenal...I can only hope the one for George is just as total.

On similar note-say Billy Preston play with the Stones at the "Gator bowl" (not the game just the venue) - believe it was 1975 - that dude was all over the place

Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:33 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

I'll save you a trip, grandmacracker....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aa3ylmx ... re=related

Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:06 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

I haven't heard about the Concert for George, thanks Owly for the payback for Skydog! I'll check it out!

I have a 2006 live ABB CD I ordered from their webpage, the last night of a tour w/Tom P and Heartbreakers. Tom sings Highway 61 with all of both bands on stage. Very nice. I've never seen TP but would love to. My wife says the Dylan/Petty concert is way up among her favorites, maybe even top slot.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:10 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Watching it now...........goosebumps all over............... :)

Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:13 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

THANKS LIGHTMAN.......you have made me smile all over

Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:15 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

I clicked on the link to My Sweet Lord, I have seen it probably 200 hundred times, in 3 seconds I had chills running from head to toe. does it every single time!

I am sooo stoked granger to be able to pay you back for SkyDog! can't wait until you and gmacracker expreience this film. grab your loved one, get a great bottle of wine or two, sit back and behold the most beautiful tribute to one of the greatest musicians of all time!! YOU ARE GONNA LOVE IT!!!

Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:23 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

[quote="grandmacracker"]Now I must go down to my local library and check that one out...am I really gonna cry? George and John = two favorite beatles - John for his cynicism, George for his heart! The concert for Bangladesh was phenomenal...I can only hope the one for George is just as total.

LOVE Concert for Bangladesh!! but this one tops it for me. Even though George is gone..he is so present ... as Ravi says, he is here, how could he not be?

Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:25 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Right on, I can't stand the thought of a world without George's spirit, if not his physical presence. Owly, I love it -- "grab a bottle of wine or two" -- great minds to run in the same circles don't they! :lol: :lol:

Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:39 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

:D

another teaser, Greg I posted this on your FB page along with a few other teasers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNBEiyGw ... re=related

Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:45 pm Profile
 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next