Last visit was: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:43 am It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:43 am




 [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Camping Questions 
Author Message
Wanee Lover
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:29 pm
Posts: 1291
Location: Carbondale, IL
Post Re: Camping Questions
single wall tents usually have condensation issues.

just make sure you leave as many windows open at night as you can for ventilation or else you'll have water droplets falling on your head and waking you up around 730.

they'll be cold as f!*k too.

_________________
"Build me a cabin in Utah. Marry me a wife, catch rainbow trout."

"Catch the wild fishes that float through the stream. Time passes slowly when you're lost in a dream."


-Bob Dylan


Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:51 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Gnome

Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:41 pm
Posts: 8
Post Re: Camping Questions
Anyone have an extra camping site - electric/water ??

_________________
Nanners


Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:51 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:12 pm
Posts: 50
Post Re: Camping Questions
Ok one question about camping. I should be in camp by 4:00 wednesday. Do they assign areas to camp or is it where ever you want (with-in reason)?


Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:13 am Profile
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:08 am
Posts: 6397
Location: Florida
Post Re: Camping Questions
jpwilson wrote:
Ok one question about camping. I should be in camp by 4:00 wednesday. Do they assign areas to camp or is it where ever you want (with-in reason)?


If the site doesn't have a number marker on it, and you love it, take it! No assigned primitive camping. There should still be lots of good sites on Wed when you arrive!

_________________
~~Can't go back and you can't stand still. If the peaches don't get you, then the mushrooms will.~~


Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:48 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:12 pm
Posts: 50
Post Re: Camping Questions
Thank you AndieBee. I'm looking forward to being surrounded by good people and good times!
AndieBee wrote:
jpwilson wrote:
Ok one question about camping. I should be in camp by 4:00 wednesday. Do they assign areas to camp or is it where ever you want (with-in reason)?


If the site doesn't have a number marker on it, and you love it, take it! No assigned primitive camping. There should still be lots of good sites on Wed when you arrive!


Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:48 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:06 pm
Posts: 1
Post Re: Camping Questions
This will be my first time at Wanee and just reserved a campsite. I was told that the campsite is not listed on the SOS map because it is a newer spot on the other side of the lake. Does anyone know where these are?


Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:20 pm Profile
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:08 am
Posts: 6397
Location: Florida
Post Re: Camping Questions
newanee wrote:
This will be my first time at Wanee and just reserved a campsite. I was told that the campsite is not listed on the SOS map because it is a newer spot on the other side of the lake. Does anyone know where these are?


Wow, that means they've opened up some more reserved sites. That's good news for people who want W/E. I wonder where past the lake it is.

_________________
~~Can't go back and you can't stand still. If the peaches don't get you, then the mushrooms will.~~


Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:27 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:48 pm
Posts: 93
Post Re: Camping Questions
This is my first year going to Wanee (although I have been trying for years) and I plan on arriving Tues. night. I have looked at all the venue/festival/google maps that people have posted in this forum but I am still SUPER confused :?: . I know its kind of asking a lot but can someone mark exactly where I will enter the park and another mark for exactly where I should camp. I want a good spot, but I am terrified i am going to screw myself even though I am early enough to get a good one. Need to be close to the stage, far away from the drum circle, need plenty of shade, and a chill group of neighbors. Any help is appreciated. I look forward to seeing ALL of you! :D


Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:26 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:58 pm
Posts: 217
Post Re: Camping Questions
Theoriginalstoner wrote:
This is my first year going to Wanee (although I have been trying for years) and I plan on arriving Tues. night. I have looked at all the venue/festival/google maps that people have posted in this forum but I am still SUPER confused :?: . I know its kind of asking a lot but can someone mark exactly where I will enter the park and another mark for exactly where I should camp. I want a good spot, but I am terrified i am going to screw myself even though I am early enough to get a good one. Need to be close to the stage, far away from the drum circle, need plenty of shade, and a chill group of neighbors. Any help is appreciated. I look forward to seeing ALL of you! :D


I think part of the problem is that we are not sure (or I am at least not sure) if they will use the main park entrance, like in years 2009 and prior, or use a newly created entrance on a side road. I was confused as hell and very turned around using the new entrance. The best thing is that you can at least drive around for awhile and see where everything is. You will see the mushroom stage easily. Then you can use that as a guide.

If anyone else has better help or can do the map thing throw some advice this way.


Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:57 pm Profile
Wanee Lover
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:29 pm
Posts: 1291
Location: Carbondale, IL
Post Re: Camping Questions
my best advice is to get there with plenty of daylight left to get your bearings and find a site - not get there at dusk like we did last year :lol:

_________________
"Build me a cabin in Utah. Marry me a wife, catch rainbow trout."

"Catch the wild fishes that float through the stream. Time passes slowly when you're lost in a dream."


-Bob Dylan


Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:02 pm Profile WWW
 [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baiduspider, Bing [Bot], CCBot, Google [Bot], Jensen B Gator, Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Intentional bypassing of the word filter will lead to user banning. The forum is used by all ages and walks of life and your respect for that is appreciated.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.