Last visit was: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:08 am It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:08 am

[ 10 posts ] 
 bring back langerado 
Wanee Fan

Post Re: bring back langerado
Ethan Schwartz is A) a Douchebag and B) stated in a recent interview Langerado is over.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:25 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Yup.I got to say,that milenium Phish show down in the swamp was ragin.I remember cheif Billy saying,my peopole are on the other side of these trees and they dont know whats going on over here.I think they opened the whole thing with water in the sky,,,,if I remember correctly.Good times back then.And I think it was more like 100,000 folks.They sold 80,000 tickets,after all the folks that snuck in ,I heard the number was around 100 grand.

Sunbeams shinin through his hair,,
Appears not to have a care....

Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:51 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

why is Eathan a douchebag again?

Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:34 am Profile
Wanee Lover

GratefulBilly wrote:
Ethan Schwartz is A) a Douchebag and B) stated in a recent interview Langerado is over.

I fully agree with A.

The Langerado 2 years ago in Big Cypress was the best crowd ever. We live 20 minutes away and drove back and forth each day. The first day it took us 4 hours to get down Snake rd, the single lane road leading into the grounds. The other days we got right in.

It was pretty scary at night driving on that road. It was like a suicide highway with no shoulders and swamps to the left and right.

There was a head on collision one night and a tribe member was killed. Ethan tried to make it seem like that was the reason they had to move Langerado to Miaim. It turns out this was not the case. The reason was greed and it backfired on him.

The bands that committed to the last Langerado all got screwed because they had to cancel the Miami Langerado because no one was buying tickets.

Now no onw wants to do business with Ethan, he couldn't book a school choir anymore. Good. He really pulled the rug out from under us and deserves the shame.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:39 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

I don't know if you all remember, but Langerado was always a urban festival before the 1 year it was at Big Cypress.

2007 Markham Park, Sunrise FL
2006 Markham Park Sunrise FL
2005 Markham Park Sunrise FL
2004 Young Circle Park, Hollywood, Florida
2003 Stadium Festival Fair Grounds, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

So he is a douchebag because he moved it back to the city?

Ethan is doing fine.... http://www.southfloridajams.com/

Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:55 am Profile
Wanee Fan

I thought it should have stayed at Markham Park. The camping area could have been a little bigger though!

Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:12 am Profile
Wanee Pro

Urban with camping*- the move to Miami was straight up stupid considering in the weeks after is the finale to the WMC (Ultra Fest). Which for the Friday night shows has taken a Langerado-ish turn towards jam. Bisco, Pretty Lights, Lotus will be there this year. Any Spring fest needs to be camping only when thinking about the droves of college kids heading towards South FLA. My first fest was the last Langerado. That makes it that much more special.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:02 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Veefinger wrote:

for what he did to a great festival. the format from 07 to 08 was so severe people hated it. he got greedy. putting matisyahu on a bill as a headliner was the start of the end. i hope that guy never makes another dime.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:12 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

GratefulBilly wrote:
Veefinger wrote:

for what he did to a great festival. the format from 07 to 08 was so severe people hated it. he got greedy. putting matisyahu on a bill as a headliner was the start of the end. i hope that guy never makes another dime.

sorry i had the wrong years..i meant 08 to 09. now, i am the douchebag

Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:15 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Langerado was never an urban festival. Markham Park is right on the edge of the Everglades. I should know; we live in the immediate neighborhood. It is definitely not an urban area.

The thing that pissed most people off is that Ethan tried to turn it into an urban festival. It went from a life changing experience like Spaz had, to a non-camping festival located right in the middle of the inner city of Miami. They also went away from their roots as far as the lineup.

People thought they had a beautiful thing that they could come back to year after year and it was taken away from them. That’s why Ethan is despised by so many.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:25 pm Profile
 [ 10 posts ]