Last visit was: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:58 pm It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:58 pm

[ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 How do you roll? 
Wanee Lover

Post How do you roll?
:D My little group of 3 always has a 4th join us at the last minute. They are always a Wanee virgin and there is nothing like see the glint in thier eyes the first time they behold what Wanee really is. We don't know who it will be yet but we only have 2 requirements...balanced mind and good heart. :) :D 8-)

So my question for you is...who is coming with you?
Do you always have a faithful group?,
do you arrive solo? (no one is alone here since we are all such a big family now SOS?BOS foreva),
do you and your sigfinigant other hit it up?
Family affair?

How do you roll and where you coming from?

Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:31 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: How do you roll?
my first year of Wanee was just with my friend Lee.
He broke me into the best festival vibe that is SOS park
and it was a must from then on.

I have made many friends through another forum
that was centered around Bonnaroo.
I made the first 7 years of that fest and then the vibe was just not doing it for me there. (actually it started about 5 years into it but by then i was going to mainly connect with friends/music,,not music/friends.

Last year we gathered a big group(17 or so i think)
and had a great Wanee....they were all hooked.
This is why i did not see much of our BOS/SOS group
as i was leading the newcomers thru the fest.

This year as of now,we have at least or not more of this group
meeting up again.
They come from Virginia,Delaware,New York,Atlanta,N.Carolina,Georgia,Alabama,New Orleans,,,,and i'm probably missing one or two.
i'm expecting about 20+ in our group this year,so i feel i'm making a good contribution to the Wanee vibe. 8-)

Joyce and i made the meet and greet last year and that was it,,
but this year i hope to get them all in single file line and walk them over to meet the group here.
they are a great bunch of people that have become part of my family over the past years.

can't wait.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:51 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

From Tallahassee, I always camp with the Helen's Hilton crew which is folks from the Hittin' The Web forum. Great folks, its always fun!

Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:56 am Profile
Wanee Lover

In line early Thurs. morning.Usually my wife and I and 2 other friends.40 min. drive from Valdosta.Get there early to set up camp then sit back and watch park fill up.My brothers and their wives always get there late so we usually save them a spot on our site.Fire up the grill and the bowl,ice the beer down,and crank up some music(Mule,Brothers,and dare I sayPanic). 8-)

Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:01 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Here, Marky!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:08 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Damnit Man! :shock:

Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:10 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Holy smokes that is a lot of jell-o!!! You need a whole fridge for just those!! LOVE IT!!!

Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:18 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

IMO, the ONLY way to eat jello! (in shot form with alcohol)!

18 hour drive, we leave Tuesday night, drive thru the night to arrive Wednesday afternoon. no clue who's comin with this year..so far just me and Brett. Paul has a new GIRLFRIEND...so that will either mean an extra lady in the camper, or more room in the camper if she can't go cuz he's pretty whipped. Friend Kim (who was SUPPOSED to come last year but didn't) will most likely not make it again as she has been unemployed for nearly 2 months.

as far as my extended crew..no sister Dana and Dick. they are going to Boston to see Joe Bonamassa. (STUPID STUPID STUPID IMO)

doubtful on Steve and Laura from Boston. April is bad for Laura as far as work goes.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:28 pm Profile
Wanee Master

The phatter the better :!: :!:

oh you mean how do I get to Wanee :lol: :lol:

Well the in 05 Mary and I packed up the truck and left Thursday morning from Orlando (East-West Expy to Fl Turnpike to I-75 north)

In 06 Mary and I left early Friday morning because "The Alan Parsons Project" was playing HOB on Thursday night and I had to go see that. (East-West Expy to Fl Turnpike to I-75 north)

In 07 My friend Scott and I ( left the ball and chain at home j/k) left Thursday afternnoon after work about 3pm from Ocoee, Fl. (Rt.429 to Fl. Turnpike to I-75 north)

In 08 Moved to NY in March wasn't able to make it that year :(

In 09 on Thursday morning (got in about noon) Flew in from Albany, NY to Tampa where another friend of mine from Lakeland, FL. Dean (Who is guy in the 1st pic you see on the Wanee website Home page) picked me up from airport, we went back to his house in Lakeland and partyed and packed the truck Left about 4pm (Rt. 4 to I-75 north)

In 2010 Mary and I are planning to drive down (I-87 to I-95 to I-10) on Tuesday the 13th, stop for 1 night around NC-SC border or as far south as we can go and spend the night. Wendsday early about 5pm continue down I-95 to I-10 Hoping to get to Live Oak, FL. by noon - 2pm inthe afternoon on Wendsday. My buddy Dean who loved 09 Wanee will be arriving Thursday afternoon. :D 8-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:44 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Master

Wavo wrote:
my first year of Wanee was just with my friend Lee.
He broke me into the best festival vibe that is SOS park
and it was a must from then on.

I have made many friends through another forum
that was centered around Bonnaroo.
I made the first 7 years of that fest and then the vibe was just not doing it for me there. (actually it started about 5 years into it but by then i was going to mainly connect with friends/music,,not music/friends.

Last year we gathered a big group(17 or so i think)
and had a great Wanee....they were all hooked.
This is why i did not see much of our BOS/SOS group
as i was leading the newcomers thru the fest.

This year as of now,we have at least or not more of this group
meeting up again.
They come from Virginia,Delaware,New York,Atlanta,N.Carolina,Georgia,Alabama,New Orleans,,,,and i'm probably missing one or two.
i'm expecting about 20+ in our group this year,so i feel i'm making a good contribution to the Wanee vibe. 8-)

Joyce and i made the meet and greet last year and that was it,,
but this year i hope to get them all in single file line and walk them over to meet the group here.
they are a great bunch of people that have become part of my family over the past years.

can't wait.

Lets us forum folk know where you camp so we can stop by sometime if you don't make the BOS/SOS meet and greet and LTS's site :?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:56 pm Profile WWW
 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next