Last visit was: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:05 pm It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:05 pm

[ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Warning To Those Bringing Small Children 
Wanee Gnome

Post Re: Warning To Those Bringing Small Children
Folks, I believe 'liketosmoke' was making a funny...

the name of the band playing at Wanee is "Bob Weir, Rob Wasserman and Jay Lane Are Scaring the Children".

LOL

Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:47 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

dang, how did we miss that? :roll: :?:

:lol:

Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:48 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

and.....full circle. Gotcha. :) I did miss that first time around. Would like to add though...my lil ms is only 2 and while her favorite song is Ribs and Whiskey (yes she took a liking to it before we knew she was absorbing lyrics) she can't come to this show until she is much much older. She has been to many music camping festivals and will go to Mag fest and Spring fest with us when we finally make it. But this festival this one time a year is ours. :)

Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:23 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

Other fest at SOSMP are great for kids ie. Spring n Mag however Wanee is really not the best for the kidos for many reasons. It is going to be even more packed then last year, which makes it harder to keep up with them and you simply can't let the older ones go off on thier own. It will be tougher to be close enough to the stages for them to see well so if they are used to the other fests, they'll feel all squished and crabby. There seems to be alot more people who don't hold thier drink quite so well and if you don't mind your kids seeing that stuff, then to each thier own....my kids have been to tons o fests there and this is the only 1 we don't bring them to.

Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:47 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

GDTRFB wrote:
Folks, I believe 'liketosmoke' was making a funny...

the name of the band playing at Wanee is "Bob Weir, Rob Wasserman and Jay Lane Are Scaring the Children".

LOL

I got it. Funny how we perceive things. What the kids get exposed to is a subject for consideration though. I lauded the family vibe of Wanee seeing kids playing and being pulled around in wagons and some with ear protection as big as their heads. More and more people could mean less "family."

Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:26 am Profile
Wanee Pro

rottinpeach wrote:
Most of the kids I see there seemed to all be having a great time.

I have had a Great :twisted: time each year :?:

Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:32 am Profile WWW
 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2