Last visit was: Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:28 pm It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:28 pm

[ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Panic at Wanee- another opinion 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Panic at Wanee- another opinion
I can't wait for the Panic. Two nights and ABB too! Come one the vibe is love and happiness...groovey man..

p&l

Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:39 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

"I was shocked to read bornbytheriver's fabulous thread regarding his concern for the festy. ......maybe you shouldn't go- but I will. I look forward to every one of you buying me a beer :-)"

Out of all that, I agree with "it is About The MUSIC"
I would like to suggest that we leave the negativity elsewhere. There are many many many folks here who are veterans (young and old) of Wanee and other gatherings where ABB/WSP/Dead fans have flourished together. I see no change in 2010
8-) 8-) 8-)

Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:39 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Mushroom

I just hate that as Wanee expands their lineups every year, we lose out on the TRUE band that started Wanee! That's The Mule! Mule started this before they dubbed it the Wanee festival and they seem to be the ones that lose more and more time every year. Just a few years back it was 2 nights for 2 hours and now they seem to be an afterthought. I think thats a shame! Hell, give the Mule both nights of the late night jam.

Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:06 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

R-Ne you talkin bout Suwannee bound? :?

Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:40 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

It's going to be a hard sell for me with Panic on the line-up. Yes, Jimmy rips and the Walking on Guilded Splinters from the summer shows are amazing...but maybe it's just my yankee in me although living in the south (asheville) for a few years now...but I really just have never been able to get into panic and yes some of their fans are partially the reason...but mostly the music just doesn't seem to go anywhere for me....with that said...I am very happy for all the spreadnecks that do enjoy their band and it should be a good southern bbq at the wanee this year...most likely I will skip this year but I would love it if they put Panic on the Peach stage both nights at the same time they had the Mule (New Year's was a blast) on the Spirit of the Suwanee Mushroom meltdown stage one night and The Trucks Family band the next night and the midnight jam....the reality is there are many of us that just prefer this style of southern blues! All and all....the Wanee is the greatest...but it might be good for me to check out Mountain Jam or Rothbury this time around...say hi ti Tarzan for Me!!

Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:59 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

From what Im hearing around here it sounds like Mule might be playing the kickoff party on thurs too- and fri....I hope so. I liked the Mule 2 nights too.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:07 am Profile
Wanee Pro

ryWANEEguy wrote:
From what Im hearing around here it sounds like Mule might be playing the kickoff party on thurs too- and fri....I hope so. I liked the Mule 2 nights too.

The loss of a twofer by Mule was a big blow...but Thursday 8-)

Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:37 am Profile WWW
Wanee Gnome

Sorry, I should've checked my stuff out first...somebody one here said that it said that on thier site , but I just looked and I don't see anything...sorry to get your hopes up -but we can hope.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:49 am Profile
Wanee Pro

ryWANEEguy wrote:
Sorry, I should've checked my stuff out first...somebody one here said that it said that on thier site , but I just looked and I don't see anything...sorry to get your hopes up -but we can hope.

A night of Mule remains a Night of Mule 8-)

Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:07 am Profile WWW
Wanee Gnome

Probobly.....sorry man

Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:09 am Profile
 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next