Last visit was: Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:32 pm It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:32 pm

[ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
 Panic at Wanee- another opinion 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Panic at Wanee- another opinion
40 acres, Widespread is not a bar band they have big and very loyal fans.Panic could not play the mushroom stage there would be a roit!It would be like the brothers doing the same thing.Just not enough room.I dont think its a southern thing,the band has fans all overthe U.S.even though no radio play.One of our finest exports Widespread Panic.Love BBQ and Rock&Roll just not yankees with narrow minds! ;)

Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:15 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

More mule pleas..whoever suggested the thurs nite extra Mule show- bravo!

Panic requires the big stage. The little one would be FILLED with people dancing behind the portolets, going halfway down the hill towards the Main Stage. I just hope the 2 cross pollinate both days like crazy. Derek doing Maggot Brain this summer was superb. Chilly waters w/ Warren, Bust it Big w/ DT and Warren, JB and Gregg singin together, etc. Of all the times I've heard Panic play, their sit ins with ABB members are amongst the best!!!!

Is it too much to ask for a half hour, BMITD w/ Warren's guitar setting part of the woods on fire?? maybe the Meters helpin him out? Whatever we get, It will be the goods. Long live Uncle Warren.......you are indeed the man.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:53 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

amen brotha!! warren IS the man

have to say, one of the things I love about Panic fans already... SOUNDS LIKETHEY LOVE TO DANCE!! :D

I should fit right in! ;)

Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:57 am Profile
Wanee Pro

Look like this "thread will go on Forever" 8-)

Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:28 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Gnome

Hey iluv2panic -

No hate brother...just trying to give my 2cents....as I mentioned in my post...I hope you have a great time this year with your panic and friends...its just not for me...and the mushroom stage is the smaller stage where mule and its loyal fans can rock out while all the kidz party on the big peach stage....and at the end of day we get together and let the road go on forever....so my narrow mind melts into a dreams that I see Jessica and Melissa and scream No trouble no more!!

PS. your right WSP is not a bar band....more like a garage bands that smells like hushpuppies and sweet tea....ha ha learn to laugh and love at least string cheese isn't on the line up hah haaha

Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:10 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

myvinyl333 wrote:
Look like this "thread will go on Forever" 8-)

8-) 8-) 8-)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:37 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Peach

Hi guys and gals. Just my $0.02 as a Peach Head and Wanee vet from the first fest in '05.

We know everyone "tunes up" in their own way for their favorite sets at festivals. I think the big concern is the younger folks might overdo it and encroach in someone else's space, thus putting a damper on their good time. As long as everyone respects each other, each other's space, and remembers it IS all about the music, the rest of it will fall in line. As with the concerns there were about the Rat Dog crowd at Wanee in '08, I think we'll all come to find that we have more in common than not.

As for Widespread Panic, I've not been exposed to their music as much as I have been exposed to Dave Schools as a guest performer with Mule (Dave's a bad whamma jammah!,) and of course, Jimmy as a famABBly member of The Brothers. I attended the Saturday WP/ABB show in CLT in October, but I have to admit, I spent a great deal of my time during the WP set catching up with out of town friends, so I plan to watch and listen to them at Wanee and broaden my musical horizons.

April can't get here quick enough. Peace out!

Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:06 pm Profile YIM
Wanee Demi-God

Honestly...............I saw Panic for the first time this past Oct. with ABB.....I was impressed....They where smoking.....They have a HUGE following and I think that is wonderful. I think their fans where fine. I was very worried they would be much rowdier than the ABB crowd.....But I would say they are more comparable to The Mule crowd....and that is a good thing......Now don't all you Dead Heads go high and to the right BUT.......I perfer them to any of the Dead crowd.... Just saying. :mrgreen:

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:14 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

i just keep shakin my head and thinking much ado about nothing....

simmah

Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:42 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Wavo!! :lol:

ohhh the drama!! ;)

simmmahh simmaaah it's all gonna be ok!

Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:52 pm Profile
 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next