Last visit was: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:04 pm It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:04 pm

[ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Panic at Wanee- another opinion 
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Panic at Wanee- another opinion
Hey ABB610 , I totally am with you on the Truckers! They brought it down in the rain last year! The crowd who were in the mudpuddles would know what I mean! By the way, did The Panic have anything to do with an Atlanta band called The Grapes, from about 20 years ago? Anybody??? Also, there is something to say about the Georgia Hippie-kneck sound. It is like saying goodnight on the Waltons, it's family. That's also the Wanee sound. I know this is Florida, but no lines are drawn at Wanee!! :D Can't freakin' wait. Rawnee Van Fant, J'ville aka Buttholeville!!! 8-)

Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:06 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

I gotta chime in on this one. This will be Wanee five or six in a row for me, and I couldn't be happier that Panic is FINALLY coming to Wanee. Yes, way too big for the "shroom stage, yes gonna bring a large crowd and yes, maybe a few wookie's. But with that said, this will be the BEST Wanee ever, hands down. ABB and WSP are a dream line up, IMO. Don't sweat the crowd being too large, this is a big place w/ lots of room. I personally don't see 20,000, but it's possible. I would guess that the Horde show in '96 with Neil Young and Crazy Horse was the biggest SOSMP crowd I've seen, and it was close to 20,000, and there was no problem for me, and I don't care for big crowds. Everyone, esp. the die hard ABB fans, shouldn't get their panties in a wad, it's still ABB's fest, and all Panic is gonna do is RAISE the musical bar, so to speak.

Jim

Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:50 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Good post Jim and welcome. Good to hear that there have been 20k+ at SOSMP and that all was good.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:14 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I think someone mentioned that Jimmy Herring is considered Allman family. This is all we should need to know. Welcome Brothers and Sisters of WSP!!!

This festival is like a child that is growing up.

There is no way to stop it, yo just have to continue to love it and give it your support

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:16 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

Can I get an AMEN?!

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:19 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Amen. It's the same as how I feel about Grace and the Nocs. love to see them do well, grow fans, be successful, but still want to see them in a small venue that isn't crowded! ya can't have both.

so, maybe more people at Wanee, maybe more Wookies...MAYBE more cool people too! you can't stop it, just hang on and enjoy the ride!

bring on the boogie!

Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:15 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

Wookies have their place in the universe; they allow the rest of us to realize that we're not THAT messed up! :)

Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:56 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I was at the Horde fest it was in 97.The crowd was no bigger than the Wanee last year.I dont belive they have ever had 20,000 people at any festival.They will this year.That Neil Young & Crazy Horse show was sick.The same size crowd was there when Panic played their first time there.Theres going to be more people and theres going to be more fun!!! :D

Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:00 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

That Neil and Crazy Horse show was quite unbelievable. Maybe, one of the best shows I've seen and got a DAT to prove it. But, if you turned around and looked back from the soundboard to the vendors on the hill, there were people from front to back. It may not have been 20,000, but it was within a couple of 1000 of it, and yes, maybe a few more than Wanee last year. Either way, as long as we're not talking 30,000, we should be in good shape for this year. I personally would like for it to be 5000 so it want be such a pain in the azz to take a leak.

Jim M.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:20 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Hey Jim,that show was the killer what about the Southern man,Down By The River,and Needle And The Damage Done?I try to get as close to the front as I can and to be honest I never usually look behind once show starts.Were gonna have a good time thats for sure! ;)

Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:27 am Profile
 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next