Last visit was: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:50 pm It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:50 pm

[ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Warning To Those Bringing Small Children 
Wanee Lover

Post Warning To Those Bringing Small Children
Keep them away from Bob Weir, Rob Wasserman & Jay Lane!!!!!!!

HAHHAHAHaaa

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:13 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Warning To Those Bringing Small Children
AND ME!! :twisted:

Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:14 am Profile
Wanee Peach

A+

Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:56 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Yup....just leave those chillins at home for this one...flying in the mother in law. Hubby split and I split nights in 08 first year we had our daughter and while I love her to pieces it is good to have a break and not to have to worry and you get to see both nights of shows...can't miss one moment this year...not one MOMENT!

Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:00 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

My 13 y.o. son REALLY wants to come, he just loves the Allmans but I need to be selfish on this one, I dought I will even be capable much less willing to look after him!!! Sorry Bud, I love ya more than life itself but you are staying home with mom for this one!!!

Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:06 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Good move Mike. It is ok to be selfish once a year and be proud of it....it will make you a better dad the rest of the year. :)

Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:08 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

:P Thanks!!!!!

Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:29 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Serious? I've been to Wanee the last three years, this will be my 4th year. THe first two years I did not bring my children. Last year, I brought them as a summer vacation & then made our way to the beaches :) Ages 5 & 11. I admit I was somewhat concerned I would miss the late night sets etc, or that the kids would be whining or bored sick and I would have a drag of a time.

What I found, however, is that children have a fantastic time at festivals. Fact is, a parent changes their tune when going with the kids and can't just be all about themselves. That said, we had a wagon with us with blankets and such and I remember he was so worn out that he fell asleep during Mule, trecked him in wagon over to the Mushroom stage in which he slept through Grace, then back to main stage, Slept through ABB that night, then pulled him back to mushroom stage again for late night Derek. He woke up finally at 1am asking if he was at a circus! Bwahahah! I told him, YEP!

My daughter hooped with other children, they played frisbee and my son had more fun and STILL talks about dumpstaphunk and Allman Brothers. To me, that is priceless.

This year, becuase its back in the spring and have school, they will not be attending. But I would tell parents that bringing children can add TO their festival experience rather than be a drag. They are our future and I intend to allow them the opportunity to listen to quality music =) I wish MY parents would have taken me to festivals when I was their age!

However, this year I do look forward to going by myself. Just keep an eye on *me* heh. But I wouldn't discourage childrent going whatsoever :)

Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:29 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

"All unattended children will be given a cappuchino and a free puppy." (sign in local liquor store here)

Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:55 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Most of the kids I see there seemed to all be having a great time.

Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:05 pm Profile
 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next