Last visit was: Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:02 pm It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:02 pm

[ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Springfest - Leftover Salmon 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Springfest - Leftover Salmon
Hansebrous wrote:
marky wrote:
magmusic is the next live nation. :!:

Nooooooo!

And Wavo, I getcha' it wasn't personal, just trying to build some enthusiasm :) Peace

i know what you were doing HB,,,and dammit, i wanna goooooo!!!
:mrgreen:
you quoted me so i just had to respond 8-) ((snaps wrist))

Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:00 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

I wanna go too!!!! :cry: LOS is one of my favorite bands. I am secretly in love with Drew! Oops, I guess its no secret now!!! :roll:

Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:55 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

I've been to many a Springfest and Magfest, but I think there are a few reasons they're hurting. Of course, one would be the economy. Another reason might be that the line-ups seem to be very similar from one year to the next. Sure, the headliners would change, but more than half of the line-up would be artists that play there year after year.

And I would guess that since Wanee started-up, a lot of people who might normally attend Springfest, have opted for Wanee instead. Personally, I haven't attended a Springfest since Wanee started. I just can't justify both.

And lastly, I'm sure that the Bear Creek Music Festival at The Spirit of Suwanee the last two years has hurt attendance at Magfest.

I don't think the park is hurting, as they have more going now than they ever did. But I hope Springfest and Magfest survive, as they are both nice, affordable, laid back festies, with a healthy dose of bluegrass/acoustic music, in the greatest venue this side of the Mississippi.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:14 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

treehugger wrote:
I am secretly in love with Drew!

I concur and approve of this message!!!!!!! :D

Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:45 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Gnome

Springfest may very well be in trouble, but as an 11 year vet of Mag, I can't see Mag going away. Springfest was originally put on because of the popularity that Magfest was gaining, especially with bands like LOS and Cheese. In the early incarnations it provided an opportunity for a quasi Jam Band festival at the park in order to preserve the Bluegrass integrity, and Vasser's vision of Magfest, which was being clouded by the insurgence (probably more crowd issues than band) of the Jam Band scene. Unfortunately, even Magfest has succumbed, to an extent, of the almighty profit margin. Gone are the days of Anger, Bush, Trischka, Fleck, Marshall, Schatz, Rice and many others of the progressive Bluegrass scene who were regulars at Mag for the first 3-5 years. But Mag will survive. My biggest issue is with the Park allowing these ever growing "festivals" (term used lightly) at the sake of the Park itself. The past few years I've seen less and less respect for the Park itself. I don't care who owns it, the place offers something special and should be treated as such. Please keep that in mind if attending. And remember, if it wasn't for Vasser we probably wouldn't be having this discussion.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:30 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Jackstraw wrote:
Springfest may very well be in trouble, but as an 11 year vet of Mag, I can't see Mag going away. Springfest was originally put on because of the popularity that Magfest was gaining, especially with bands like LOS and Cheese. In the early incarnations it provided an opportunity for a quasi Jam Band festival at the park in order to preserve the Bluegrass integrity, and Vasser's vision of Magfest, which was being clouded by the insurgence (probably more crowd issues than band) of the Jam Band scene. Unfortunately, even Magfest has succumbed, to an extent, of the almighty profit margin. Gone are the days of Anger, Bush, Trischka, Fleck, Marshall, Schatz, Rice and many others of the progressive Bluegrass scene who were regulars at Mag for the first 3-5 years. But Mag will survive. My biggest issue is with the Park allowing these ever growing "festivals" (term used lightly) at the sake of the Park itself. The past few years I've seen less and less respect for the Park itself. I don't care who owns it, the place offers something special and should be treated as such. Please keep that in mind if attending. And remember, if it wasn't for Vasser we probably wouldn't be having this discussion.

here here JS !!!

Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:40 pm Profile
 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2