Last visit was: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:12 pm It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:12 pm

[ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 older folks on this site 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: older folks on this site
liketosmoke wrote:
Sorry i just had to post this... HAHAHHAHAH

Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:15 pm Profile
Wanee Master

kindbuddyrow wrote:
Dartdog82 wrote:
Nice to meet you too kindbud. That pic was taking at "The Gathering Of The Vibes" 09 just before GC - P-Funk Jammed 8-)

:D Figured it had to be a Gathering, they remember, and appreciate the old head, icons. Of which George Clinton is one, too, and I GREATLY look forward to seeing him at Wanee. I love his sense of craziness, like the guy in the diaper.
:oops: I'm rather ashamed to say that I'm too old, at 56, to NOT have seen some of the folks I haven't : G.C.& Parliament Funk, Steven Stills, Dr. John, Johnny Winter, Hot Tuna Electric,
Bob Wier, Rob Wasserman & Jay Lane Are Scaring the Children, Bill Kruetzmann & Papa Mali ( okay, you're close to me in age, right ? Pick the original Woodstock veterans from the group I just listed.) . I think I walked past a Ratdog concert at Music Midtown several years ago, but, never saw Grateful Dead, back in the day, nor, any part of Jefferson Whatever. So, I'm long overdue, and will pay some respects, even if I don't watch the whole sets. Are you coming down from NY to catch this ?

Yes I am, last year I flew in alone and met a freind in Tampa and trekked up. This year driving down with the old lady. I used to live in Orlando so we drove up from there in 05, 06, 07 didn't make in 08 because of moving up here in April. I have seen Johnny and Jefferson whatever, CSNY and CSN, Ratdog a 100,
Saw Bill 2 times last year Wanee and Mt. Jam. No Papa, Tuna (missed Jorma's set last year) or th doc. looking forward to see them this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:05 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

As an older person on this site, may have to have me a little cocktail and a nap prior to SNL tonight so that I can catch Sharon Jones...........

Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:28 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

I'm right there with you. I got a late start and missed some of the most classic shows people always talk about. But, I'm trying to make up for it.[/quote]

:D I'd say we're in the right place, now, musically, and karmically. Hope you're coming from Chico to enjoy it ! These shows are destined to be classics !

Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:59 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

kindbuddyrow wrote:
I'm right there with you. I got a late start and missed some of the most classic shows people always talk about. But, I'm trying to make up for it.

:D I'd say we're in the right place, now, musically, and karmically. Hope you're coming from Chico to enjoy it ! These shows are destined to be classics ![/quote]

Why yes, I plan to have a great, while not out of control, time. OK, not too out of control but from the sounds of it, I might have some trouble keep up with you all.

All my problems are gold plated! All my bottoms, exaggerated.

Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:12 pm Profile YIM WWW
Wanee Veteran

Yes I am, last year I flew in alone and met a freind in Tampa and trekked up. This year driving down with the old lady. I used to live in Orlando so we drove up from there in 05, 06, 07 didn't make in 08 because of moving up here in April. I have seen Johnny and Jefferson whatever, CSNY and CSN, Ratdog a 100,
Saw Bill 2 times last year Wanee and Mt. Jam. No Papa, Tuna (missed Jorma's set last year) or th doc. looking forward to see them this year.[/quote]

:D Excellent ! I look forward to meeting you. Do this, prior to your trip. Put on some Tom Waits, any of his stuff, though, I favor "Orphans", and "Nighthawks at the Diner", and read some passages of Kerouac's "On the Road". At the point that you lay back, and holler "WHOOOOOOO !!!!", you'll be ready to go, your travel karma properly torqued. Just drive, careful

Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:27 pm Profile
Wanee Master

kindbuddyrow wrote:
Saw Bill 2 times last year Wanee and Mt. Jam. No Papa, Tuna (missed Jorma's set last year) or th doc. looking forward to see them this year.

:D Excellent ! I look forward to meeting you. Do this, prior to your trip. Put on some Tom Waits, any of his stuff, though, I favor "Orphans", and "Nighthawks at the Diner", and read some passages of Kerouac's "On the Road". At the point that you lay back, and holler "WHOOOOOOO !!!!", you'll be ready to go, your travel karma properly torqued. Just drive, careful[/quote]

Thanks for the info. What was that crazy film he was in when they escaped prison, man that movie was weird (meaning different) 8-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Last edited by Dartdog82 on Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:42 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Veteran

Why yes, I plan to have a great, while not out of control, time. OK, not too out of control but from the sounds of it, I might have some trouble keep up with you all.[/quote]

:) Oh, you know what, I'm, mostly, talking a big game of depraved debauchery. When it, really, comes down to it, we're more like, "I think I'll have a couple of beers before Panic." I hate to wax too Zen-like, but, it really is about being in the moment when all you have is a 2 1/2 day window. Even iluvtopanic, and the ultra-partier, R-Ne, will tellya', it's all about pacing yourself.
That being said, it IS a celebration, and there will be lots of foolish people doing lots of foolish things. Ah, the folly of youth, and, the young, at heart. :mrgreen:

Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:03 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Thanks for the info. What was that crazy film he was in when they escaped prison, man that movie was weird (meaning different) 8-)[/quote]

:D Oh, yeah, Jim Jarmush film "Down By Law", Tom, and that cadaverous-looking guy, John Lurie, who went on to have a fishing show which was so stupid, it was funny. "Fishing with John" :lol:

Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:20 pm Profile
 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7