Last visit was: Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:20 pm It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:20 pm

[ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 new to wanee 
Wanee Pro

Post Re: new to wanee
Lets do the math.. The vip ticket is about $200 more than the regular ticket.. You get an event shirt and a poster (we got about a dozen posters). Value, even with just one shirt and one poster, $40. At the kick off party last year, we got 2 free beers each I think. Value, $10. Over the next two days, let's say you drink 6 beers a day (a conservative estimate in our case) $1 each vs. $5 each for non-VIP. Value, $48. Food, let's say $10 per person per day, again, a conservative estimate. Value, $20. So we are at a value of $118 out of $200 for vip. Then there is the convenience of not having to buy, and bring, and prepare, and cook food, and not having to leave the concert area to eat it. And there is the roped off seating up front, although it is at the side, and the shelter if it rains, and the clean bathrooms. That's the best part. One of my biggest disappointments last year was the bathroom situation. Even if we went first thing in the morning to the restaraunt, or general store, or restrooms by our camp, there was always a line, and they were always quite nasty. The VIP bathrooms were clean and well lit, and always had paper products, and the toilets always flushed, and there was mirrors, and soap and it was glorious! Like I said in another post, I know it's not true festy, but I think it's not a bad deal. The food was plentiful and quite good, too.. And the view, while not close, was unobstructed because of the elevation. And the sound was decent too.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:21 am Profile
Wanee Master

Hello and welcome to the neighborhood! Here's my spin on VIP: I did it one year I think it was my second Wanee. To me it just wasn't worth it. I found that the food wasn't that great, and there are clean bathrooms that flush within walking distance to the main stage. The viewing area was the biggest disappointment to me, which is why I got VIP in the first place.Now I figure, it's nice to mosey around. Some poeople with only get VIP because that's the way they roll, me, I'll cook my own food, drink off site with friends and have my minimal share of $5 beer and save my money for something else. * Did someone say there is VIP camping this year? I wonder where it is?

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:38 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

kujobie, you bring up some very good points!

I'd have to say, they'd get a hell of a lot more takers if the viewing area for VIP were better. that in itself would make it worth it for me.

I'm just hoping to win an upgrade contest. they WILL have another one this year, right James??

Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:10 am Profile
Wanee Demi-God

James.......right? :geek:

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:13 am Profile
Wanee Demi-God

marky wrote:
NCviper wrote:
James.......right? :geek:

I already told y'all that there would be and besides James replied "Be sure to check the home page on a daily basis"
:shock:

Simma Marky........Just making sure. :lol:

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:26 am Profile
Wanee Demi-God

One can only hope.... ;)

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:29 am Profile
Wanee Lover

marky wrote:

There is only 2 things guaranteed in life, death and concrete is gonna crack. :!:

3 things, death, cracked concrete, and if you open that bottle, I'm gonna finish it!

Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:24 am Profile
 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3