Last visit was: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:16 pm It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:16 pm

[ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Tent advice 
Wanee Lover

Location: SWFLwhere Gregg,Matt,Dickey and several others lived and still live!
Post Re: Tent advice
I like that tent that is really nice!! What kind is it? I could handle that !!

Sat May 16, 2009 5:45 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

I got it at target last year for like a 100 bucks. They don't carry them this year, but I have seen the same one on ebay for about the same price.
It is so nice to have a comfy place to crash after a long day and night of fun. Again, I have to mention the battery powered fans and also an eye mask to keep the AM sun out. I love festival camping, but I do need some comfort items ;)

Sat May 16, 2009 9:20 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Location: SWFLwhere Gregg,Matt,Dickey and several others lived and still live!
Thanks Hapycmpr! That tent looks airy and if I were to camp I need one like that..I found one I forget where on (which site) that looks like a house and sleeps ten people I will hav to try to find it again it was cool..my they have changed since I was a girl scout :lol: :lol: But am still looking for a room live in has liver cancer and has to sleep in a bed?? But am not finding any rooms too close by..SO don't know what we are going to do unless we drive further had my 131/2yr old dog get ill and she left us and then the horse so I temporarliy put wanee on hold,,,and now hard to gt a room??peace gma

Sat May 16, 2009 9:30 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

on the subject of tents, wanted to add another accessory that can be equally important(at least it has been for me)
is the TARP and ROPE.......(long lengths of rope,50ft,can be bought cheep,,,and the yellow nylon kind is visible at night,,for some)
there are many trees in this park and as well as they make some tents these days, a hard florida rain can soak even the best..
i usually take a tarp and rope it over my tent OR at least nearby to have just a little more protection.

a tip for hanging tarp,,take a hammer or something you can tie the rope to and toss the rope over a higher tree limb,,,(note:don't let the hammer fall on head or knock tooth out,,the one in the middle you are so proud of )
when the hammer falls,remove hammer and pull each corner rope tight(one at a time unless you have helpers) and secure by wrapping around tree well below the limb(this eliminates playing monkey and climbing).....
when taking down,you don't have to cut any rope,just remove your wrap and the tarp falls.

(i have instruction for how to use hair dryers also if anyone needs....ha)

*message sponsered by WavoRopeHigh

Sun May 17, 2009 9:37 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Sounds like you've done this before.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Sun May 17, 2009 10:08 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

I've been hinikng and camping my enitire life and have come to realize that a price tag doesn't always describe the quality of an item. I've owned everything from the $30 Wal-Mart tents, to the $500 NorthFace and Kelty ones. My advice for any of these brands would be a detachable rainfly, to seal the seams, ad upgrade stakes to the molded plastic ones. The removeable rainfly keps it cool when its hot. No matter what the cost of the tent, you should seal ALL SEAMS. Everywhere a needle punched the fabric is a place it can leak. Last thing is the stakes. I've found that the stakes packaged with most tents don't cut it in the wind. So with a few extra bucks, I think you can make any tent a good one.

Sun May 17, 2009 11:01 am Profile
Wanee Lover

and tie the thing down!!! there's no excuse for a flying tent when the wind whips...altho it has been fun to watch at times....

Sun May 17, 2009 2:14 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Wow, Wavo. How much practice does it take to master the hammer toss trick??? Will we recognize you by the eye patch??? ;)

Sun May 17, 2009 8:51 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

GreenGrassHighTides wrote:
I recently bought a tent for Wanee (and whatever else I can think to use it for). I wasn't sure which tents were crappy and which were classy (lol @ my wordplay). I figured we could start a thread where ppl who don't normally camp might find out more about tents.

I just went to Dick's Sporting Goods and bought a Field & Stream Berkshire Cabin tent. It's pretty big for just my buddy and myself (14 X 9), but if I get more friends to go now or in the future, it will be cool. Even if I don't, extra room is good, right? Anyway, I'm not familiar with Field & Stream tents, so before I take it out, set it up, and seal the seams, can anybody tell me if they're worth it or not? (Oh yeah, I got it on sale from like $239 to $189).

If it's junk, I'll exchange for another one.

I just purchased a Coleman Stockton 8 at Walmart last week. I cant really find much info on it, other then on the Coleman Canada website. But it sleeps 8, its 14x9 and i only paid $99 bucks for it. OH!!! And it has the weathertec system im in. Id return what you bought just in itself to save 100 bucks if you can find it at your local walmart :)

here is a link to see it

http://www.colemancanada.ca/Catalog/TEN ... n.products

Sun May 17, 2009 10:08 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Mushroom

This is our palace for Wanee. Coleman Tucana 16X12' with a 72" center height. We put a double-stuffed queen matress and still have enough room for a dance floor on the other end. Great air-flow too!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat May 23, 2009 10:42 am Profile
 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next