Last visit was: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:29 am It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:29 am

[ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Tent advice 
Wanee Lover

Location: SWFLwhere Gregg,Matt,Dickey and several others lived and still live!
Post Re: Tent advice
;) I like that tent to about what does one like that run? I really like the "Frog In Tuxedo"..(BOSTON TERREIR RIGHT?) that is what some of the breeders call them :lol: :lol: The weiner dog is a doll too gkid has one I bought for her a few yrs ago "OSCAR" ! I wish I could bringt them to wanee they would love it!! Anyhow very nice tent and great dogs!! Peace :)

Sat May 23, 2009 11:02 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Thanks ma'am! We bought our tent on Amazon.com and got a pretty good deal. $115 + shipping. It's a great tent and pretty easy to set up...very spacious. Our dogs are our children for now. It would be nice to be able to take them with us. Hope to see ya at Wanee!!

Sat May 23, 2009 11:07 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Just set up the new tent (trial run) and I'm gonna be living in luxury (well, for a tent). Enough room for a queen size bed and that only takes half of it. 7' tall so I can stand up straight to change clothes. opens up alot for the hot days.... I'm ready now! Pics tomorrow!

Sat May 23, 2009 8:48 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Here are the pics:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun May 24, 2009 3:04 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

:o WOW that baby is huge!! Very Nice :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :)

Sun May 24, 2009 3:07 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Man thats a huge tent RR save me some room j/k :lol: :lol: See ya in week and half :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Sun May 24, 2009 3:09 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

:o That thing must sleep like a small army? If your not short then that thing is really tall ! I could live in that one :lol: What kind is this one...you guys are making me want to camp in a tent or become a grannygirlscout!!! :lol:

Sun May 24, 2009 3:13 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Muleldy1 wrote:
:o That thing must sleep like a small army? If your not short then that thing is really tall ! I could live in that one :lol: What kind is this one...you guys are making me want to camp in a tent or become a grannygirlscout!!! :lol:

It's a coleman...Got it at the local Wally World for $150. Saw some cheaper online but the shipping made it way more than with the sales tax.

Short? That's all relative (literally). I am the shortest man in my family (2 bros & dad). I'm 6'3". They could call me a runt! :lol:

Sun May 24, 2009 3:22 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

:lol: :lol: Thanks Rvr, I might just have to get one of those? I don't know anything about tents anymore so am just checking out the different kinds as I have afeeling this will become an anual event and the gkids could always use it too!! 6'3" and your the runt :lol: :idea: Jeez I guess I am a midget :lol: 5'1" ...hell I do circus acts in that tent :lol: :lol:

Sun May 24, 2009 3:30 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

RvrRat...seems you see a need for space as important as I do. You will be suprised how much cooler the air feels in a big open tent. Just being able to stand up makes a huge difference as well. One peice of advice is to go and by some seam sealer. Set the tent up and go all the way around sealing the seams FROM THE INSIDE. Coleman's "weathertec" system keeps you dry, but it seems as though a seam will always leak somewhere. I would pay special attention to where the floor meets the walls. Seems every tent I've owned leaks there. My hiking tent was quite pricey and I thought it would be fine..WRONG. The forst night of a 2 night trip, the bottom fell out. Got soaked. Did some research and the suggestion were all the same. SEAL THE SEAMS. If Wanee is anything like years past, there is a good chance of rain at least one night! I look for your "GRANDE CASA" when I arrive. I look forward to meeting some of you fine folks! Pics of my tent are on the previous page, so look for us! PEACE, LOVE, AND CICKEN GREASE!!!

Sun May 24, 2009 4:07 pm Profile
 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next