Last visit was: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:45 am It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:45 am

[ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Hotels 
Wanee Veteran

Post Hotels
Hey everybody. Hope yall doing good. Uh, I am coming to wanee for the first time this year and i am bringing 2 girls with me that have never been either. We got our tix, but need a hotel. I found a room at the HOLIDAY INN STES LAKE CITY. Seems like my only choice. Is that too far for a cab? If it was up to me id buy a tent and be done with it, but they want showers, toilets, beds all that jazz so ima bend a lil and do that. Really the only question i have i guess is is there a cab service to take us to and fro?

Mon May 11, 2009 4:00 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Hotels
No can do (leaving them behind) they are 2 of my best friends, and already have tix. This is shaping up to be a hassle. Uh... i have no problem with driving down there, but driving back to the hotel or wherever in a non sober state is the problem. I have no problem getting a tent, already got a air mattress, but they not really down for all that. they have showers and toilets and all that there?

Mon May 11, 2009 4:15 pm Profile
Site Admin

thedude420 wrote:
No can do (leaving them behind) they are 2 of my best friends, and already have tix. This is shaping up to be a hassle. Uh... i have no problem with driving down there, but driving back to the hotel or wherever in a non sober state is the problem. I have no problem getting a tent, already got a air mattress, but they not really down for all that. they have showers and toilets and all that there?

Call the hotel or google cab company's in the area and call them to get a quote. It may be a hassle waiting for one late at night though. The park may have suggestions also.

What is your listening pleasure today? Find it at
AccuRadio

Deep Nuggets on Tunein Radio - Deep Nugs

And don't forget Deep Jams Radio on Tunein Deep Jams Radio

Mon May 11, 2009 4:22 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Give me some good info on the campgrounds to pass on to them. If i can make it out to be at least fairly civilized, i think they will make the sacrifice. Like the shower situation and toilets and all that, how are they? i mean i know its gone at a festival and they not gone be like being at home, but at least tell me they are decent.

Mon May 11, 2009 4:30 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Location: SWFLwhere Gregg,Matt,Dickey and several others lived and still live!
:lol: :lol: Yeah that hotel scene sucks....look on the SMP site and that tells ya how far etc :roll: ....hmmmm the lady I spoke to last week told me that they were 30mins from LAKE CITY???? How far is ALACHUA??? Isn't that south towards G-ville???? :? What about Jasper? Branford which is closest??? Thnks

Mon May 11, 2009 4:33 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

yeah, camping is def the way to go. you needed get hotel space months ago. maybe you could talk someone into floor space. Im sure VIP has clean showers etc.

sounds like 3 girls are going

lol

Mon May 11, 2009 4:50 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Problem solved folks. Just talked to Brandi, my best friend for 8 years or so, and i quote, " we want to be hippies and rough it" !!!

f!*king problems are over man, everything is cool. Tents and air mattresses are they way to go. Any other special suggestions? I live in south MS, so i know the ins and outs of camping (bug spray-high powered, double edged, ozone melting goodness- sunscreen, things of that nature) but anything else special i need to bring?

"sounds like 3 girls are going"--haha, naw man just considerate of others, especially these 2. Im in the middle of the gulf of mexico right now at work, and orchestrating this from here is causing me to pull my non-existent hair out. Now though, all is well.

Mon May 11, 2009 4:52 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Welcome dude and ignore the 3 ladies remark!!! I would bet you could still get a local room last minute. I would call these hotels at least twice a day the week before the festival there will surely be cancellations.

A thing to remember is that these hotels have liberal cancellation policies, so someone who is cancelling can wait until the day of arrival to cancel and not be penalized. So I would imagine there will be a lot of last second openings as well.

A cab is doable from these hotels. It probably is about $30. If those friends of yours have never been camping then my advice to you is; leave camping as the last resort. This will be severe camping with the heat and mosquitoes and the problems with showers and bathrooms.

Showering can be an adventure. Public showers will be overflowing from clogged drains and the lines will be long. If you do use the public showers, make sure you bring a pair of throw away sandals or shoes to where. The bathrooms can also be a problem to picky types (like my wife).

Holiday Inn Express, 386-362-2600,

Best Western/Suwannee River Inn, 386-362-6000

Econo Lodge, 386-362-7459

Good Luck

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Mon May 11, 2009 5:28 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Yea thats pretty much what i expected, but the vote is 2 against 1 for camping now, so thats the way its gone go unless a room pops up in the near future. I can personally bathe in the river, if thats allowed, and im sure Brandi could do the same, Leanne on the other hand...maybe. Its what i wanted to do all along so it seems as tho i will get my way. Thanks yall. Any more info will be appreciated.

Mon May 11, 2009 5:36 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Location: SWFLwhere Gregg,Matt,Dickey and several others lived and still live!
;) Thanks LTS, most of the hotels I have tried have to have the WHOLE stay paid upfront??? I can't have a hold on my only credit card....been down that road before not fun :twisted: But will keep trying too...I have Prioroity club, and whatever days Inn, has as far as the club thingys go?? Had HILTON & HYATT too from yrs ago??but not sure if they still have that stuff??? The Holiday Inn Express in Gville ws really nice but that was a few yrs ago and way too far to drive so am looking for something with comfortable CLEAN beds etc....close by...NO BUGS EITHER!!! :lol:

Mon May 11, 2009 5:38 pm Profile
 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next