Last visit was: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:34 pm It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:34 pm

[ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Need some encouragement about WSP! 
Wanee Wizard

Post Need some encouragement about WSP!
Alright new friends, I need some positivity shed about WSP. I have seen them multiple times. My first show was Bonnaroo '02, and since then I've probably sat through 10+ shows. I do like the music! The studio albums are awesome! LOL

I just don't get them live, which is really hard for me to say. It's not the "fans." I've been going to STS9 and Biscuit shows for years, and the Wooks of WSP can't hold a candle to them. :D I just get bored really easily with their live shows.

There seems to be quite a few WSP fans here so I thought I would ask you, "what am I missing?"

Please help. Thank you.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:12 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Master

Post Re: Need some encouragement about WSP!
I'm WSP Rookie, Wanee will be my 1st time :!: 8-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:16 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Gnome

.... My wife refuses to see WSP live ever again. For some reason they did nothing for her ..... Personally, I think you have to look at their individual shows as one long well-constructed groove .....

Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:22 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Pro

libarchiver wrote:
Alright new friends, I need some positivity shed about WSP. I have seen them multiple times. My first show was Bonnaroo '02, and since then I've probably sat through 10+ shows. I do like the music! The studio albums are awesome! LOL

I just don't get them live, which is really hard for me to say. It's not the "fans." I've been going to STS9 and Biscuit shows for years, and the Wooks of WSP can't hold a candle to them. :D I just get bored really easily with their live shows.

There seems to be quite a few WSP fans here so I thought I would ask you, "what am I missing?"

Please help. Thank you.

I agree 100%! I started seeing them in '96

Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:26 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

HOWEVER, I've been hearing lots of new live WSP on Jam on and I like it. Of course, its just 5 minutes at a time! But when ABB & WSP jam together its pretty cool. Thats what I'm looking forward to.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:28 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Go to panicstream.com and listen to some recent shows. The band has been on fire lately. I suggest Charleston 11-28, Austin TX 10-30, or Either of the Birmingham shows. Also Oakland 11-13.

Here is a link directly to the Charleston show. I hope you enjoy :)

http://panicstream.com/streams/wsp/2009 ... layer.html

Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:45 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

I'm practically a WSP virgin having seen them a few times on the HORDE tours in the 90s, then didn't really get into them until last year. I got to see a few shows and they have fast become a favorite.

For me, it's a combination of really great songs and a band mind-meld that can take their live shows in really cool places. They connect like other great bands do when on stage. The musicianship is also stellar. And, JB just has this amazing way of interpreting lyrics. I'd put their live work into the category of very few notes being wasted. Some bands will noodle their way through a set and you're left very empty. Bands like the Allmans, Mule, and Panic don't waste their time with that. They fill it up early and keep it full.

Every band can have an off night, but I've found in my short time with them that WSP can more likely than not create something special and epic.

There comes a redeemer/and he slowly too fades away/There follows a wagon behind him/that's loaded with clay /and the seeds that were silent/all burst into bloom and decay/The night comes so quiet and it's close on the heels of the day

Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:55 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Thank you TH! I am going to listen right now!

Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:01 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Wizard

You're welcome! :D I love spreading the Panic!!!! I hope they grow on you. When and if you do "get" them it can be intensely wonderful! They take me beyond where any other band can. In my opinion they are the best band touring today but then I am partial.

Spark Dog said it well.
"a combination of really great songs and a band mind-meld that can take their live shows in really cool places."

Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:34 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Oops, I just saw the
Quote:
box at the top. I gues that's how you guys get other people's posts to show up in a box. :oops: :roll: Sorry about that, I'm learning :geek:

Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:40 pm Profile
 [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next