Last visit was: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:26 pm It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:26 pm

[ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Need some encouragement about WSP! 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Need some encouragement about WSP!
kindbuddyrow wrote:
:D Dude, I dunno, but, I can only hope that you'll meet a lady with big, rubbery, beer-foamed lips, who'll give you a bump, and, take your face in her hands and say "Jimmy saved our band!" and suck the breath outta your chest with a heartfelt kiss. And, if you can't give her a parachute, maybe you can give her something that looks like a pup tent. It's all good, man, and, again, I'm just sayin'...

Hope.

All my problems are gold plated! All my bottoms, exaggerated.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:19 pm Profile YIM WWW
Wanee Veteran

Hello friends!!! I am new to the forum and SUPER excited about attending my first Wanee fest. this year. :D

I am a longtime WSP fan (first show in 93, last show attended Charleston 09) and can just say that they "bring it" each and every show for the love of the music and for the fans! If someone doesnt "get" a certain band, then they just simply dont "get" a certain band. I could name a few that just do not do it for me (i.e. Phish).

Being born and raised in Jax, FL I grew up on The Allmans, Led Zep, Charlie Daniels, and L. Skynyrd. Anyway, I have always met new friends at WSP shows and look forward to meeting new friends at Wanee. As mentioned in an earlier post, Jimmy Herring (I'm sure many of you have seen Jimmy play with The Dead, ABB, and ARU in the past) has brought new life and new excitement to WSP since Mikeys death. The songs are off the charts and the fans are "having a good time". So, give them a chance and see what you think. If it doesnt' make you groove, well its not for you.

After seeing ABB/WSP in Birmingham last Oct., I never thought that I would get to see them together again! I really look forward to them sharing the stage for a few songs once again!!!

Ain't Life Grand,
Hatfield

Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:42 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

:D

Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:46 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

I like the fact that you guys have turned this into a lovey dove thread! I will try them AGAIN. :lol:

Maybe it would be better if I saw some of them with you guys, and I was well lubricated? :D

I can say that "'Til the Medicine Takes" is one of my fav albums of all time. I own it, and have owned it for about 10 years I guess. The song "Fishing" reminds me of my mother. RIP. I REALLY LOVE IT! I also saw one of Houser's last shows in '02 at Bonnaroo, and thought that was a pretty ok show.

I've been thinking about the line-up for Wanee and have realized that I haven't seen some of these bands in a very long time. I always keep up with ABB and Dead-related projects, but since I've moved from Florida I've branched out into other tunes, other scenes.

Maybe I need to get back to my roots and do a little more searchin'.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:07 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Wizard

Libarchiver, I would love for you to see Panic with us!!!! :D :D Girl you will have a good time, I promise! :P

Welcome Hatfield! You are gonna love Wanee and the Spirit of Suwanee Park. I am so stoked, my favorite band (Panic) at my favorite venue! Awwwww Heaven on Earth!!!! :P :P :P :P

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:18 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

treehugger wrote:
Libarchiver, I would love for you to see Panic with us!!!! :D :D Girl you will have a good time, I promise! :P

We have a date. :D

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:20 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Wizard

libarchiver wrote:
treehugger wrote:

We have a date. :D

I am looking forward to it. Maybe we can get Owllover to join us too. It's gonna be her first Panic show. Where are ya Owly????

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:24 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

treehugger wrote:

Welcome Hatfield! You are gonna love Wanee and the Spirit of Suwanee Park. I am so stoked, my favorite band (Panic) at my favorite venue! Awwwww Heaven on Earth!!!! :P :P :P :P

Thanks!!! Cant wait to see them at the SOS with many new Panic friends! :D

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:30 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

It's so nice to see more Spreadheads joining the board! I can't wait to share my favorite experience with all you awesome Wanee folk, Spread veterans and first timers......only if ya don't mind some kids having a little more fun than we should next to ya.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:27 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Can I get in on this Panic love? I'm coming to Wanee all by myself :(. NO worries I'm gonna rage hard either way.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:12 am Profile
 [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next