Last visit was: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:04 pm It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:04 pm

[ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 inquiry to last year's attendees or any Wanee Veterans 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: inquiry to last year's attendees or any Wanee Veterans
hotlanta..then good luck figuring out how to make em small enuff to post here!! :lol:

NO WORRIES..we can walk you thru it if you need help!

Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:58 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

owllover wrote:
please don't let me miss this. I did not come across ONE jam last year. besides the tiny one between Paul and Brett.

Will never forget coming up on the drum circle at the Dead show at Alpine Valley in 1988 (or close to that). a guy was raking a tin can across the pavement back and forth as a form of percussion, it was shooting sparks up and into the air, they were dancing and swirling and it was just the greatest thing ever. :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D

:lol:

didn't check out the drum circle last year either. I'm hoping with izzab close by I'll get into a lot more trouble this year!

Owllover, I was at that show, unfortunately after too much Jager and tequila shots and budweiser, I was left for dead yakking in the back of my station wagon by my former, now ex, husband. I was such a lightweight,, I didn't get to see the show, but I heard it from the back of the wagon.....nice

Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:40 am Profile
Wanee Lover

aerocha wrote:
Calypsomamma wrote:
aerocha - sorry to hear ablout all the kitty trouble and sadness. Like you stated below...going through sad times helps us realize and appreciate all the good times.

Sounds to me like you need a weekend in the woods with about 15 amazing bands on 772 acres of land with 20K new friends. :D YOu can leave your sadness at the gate, normally it is not there for you to pick up on the way out. :D

welcome aboard this crazy Wanee ship. :shock:

Oh, I'll probably cry at Wanee, but they will be tear of joy for being around such great people and great music.

aerocha- I'm not yet a Wanee veteran, but I am excited about getting to share this experience with all the old, young, nubes, veterans, partly because of this forum..........everyone always brings something good to the "circle" to leave behind...I hope I can achieve the same :D

Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:56 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

AMEN SISTA!

can't believe you were at Alpine Valley!! :D

sorry about the puking!! :x

it is one of the great memories of my life. what a TRIP it was! car got towed, it broke down in that long line to get into the festy and the put a sticker on it, said I had 2 days to move it. they towed it within 24 hours. I was madder than hell. spent a day going to police stations to try to track it down. they of course were no help. I had to throw a fit,they finally helped me and I stormed into the tow yard saying the sticker says I still have 24 hours to move my car and I aint paying you a dime. they called THE COPS. I had to pay. grrrrrrrrrr

Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:22 am Profile
Wanee Lover

twas my own fault, the pukin and all.......i believe it was in '88. I had been in indiana on a new(current) job about a year and a half, older bro shows up with two tickets to trade for overnight quarters along with a couple of "canooks" not being mean, they wouldn't introduce themselves with any other name.........anywho....managed to get off work, drove in some blinding rain/thunder storms to get there.....my first dead experience and sat in a line once there.........we had a case of miniature bottles of cuervo (the airline kind) and the car ahead of us opend the trunk and set up bar....we traded for the better part of two hours.......those budweisers looked preeetyy gooood after about 5 bottle of cuervo so had a few of those, then the Jagermeister came out,,,,,now I had never tried this combo before so i thought what the hay, couple of shots later, the line starting movin, got in side, had tickets under the shelter, lasted about til dark, then the Jager began to stir, and the rest is history....I survived a wiser person: don't drink Jager, save the budweiser for the john deere days and drink cuervo in moderation................for the long haul on afternoons on the porch its Makers Mark or Basil Hayden all the way, just pour it over ice so smoooooooooooooooooooooooooooth

Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:57 am Profile
 [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12