Last visit was: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:40 pm It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:40 pm

[ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Panic at Wanee- another opinion 
Wanee Veteran

Post Panic at Wanee- another opinion
I was shocked to read bornbytheriver's fabulous thread regarding his concern for the festy. Are you serious? On behalf of all Panic fans everywhere, thanks for stereotyping us in that light. I've hit every wanee, Mag, and anything else they throw. I love it and the people. But that post, along with izza b and vincent vegas.......I have one question.... you guys are ABB fans right? just checkin because I have eyes too.

This is about music. And some of you don't even realize the ties between them. They are family. Especially Jimmy. I always thought when people got older, they got more mature, wiser and smarter. Seems a few of you are "spread"ing fear, negativity, and overall unhealthy OPINIONS. Ive been seeing Panic for 17yrs and if you have any questions, I feel I could answer them as accurately as anyone.

My .02- It will be perfect. Tons of older Panic fans(most actually)with jobs and travel quite a bit. The tix prices and reputation of this being Butch and ABBs' "baby" will keep the vibe the exact same--perfect. I've lurked over here throughout the last 2 yrs and always enjoyed the insightful posts.....until the last couple of negative. I hold no animosity towards anyone and their opinions. But if you are really that "concerned" that it will change and you're THAT scared...maybe you shouldn't go- but I will. I look forward to every one of you buying me a beer :-)

cheers friends

Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:24 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Panic at Wanee- another opinion
I liked everything you said until the part about staying away.Let them make up their own minds about Panic fans.I know our fans wont let us down.Peace ;)

Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:42 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

preach on my kind friend preach on

Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:45 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

First things first - love the name!

I hope EVERYONE goes to this. I want people to have the best time and hear the best music. I thought I was extremely cautious(espec for me) in my choice of words. I thought I stated that "maybe" they shouldn't go.....of course I dont want anyone to NOT go... just kinda making a point. I come in peace.

Wooks frats explosives- not for me
friends/family/music/nature- me

ABB and WP = perfect

Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:54 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Love your name too man!I now understand what you were saying.I complety agree with you.My first Panic show was in 1990 PAPA JOES(Ricks Someplace Else) local bar Valdosta,Ga.We missed Armory show in 89 could not get a baby sitter.Yea that long ago.My babies have babies now. 8-)

Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:03 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

izzab? izzab is a HUGE panic fan. pretty sure there isn't any negative posts regarding panic from her.

why do people feel the need to tell other people to maybe not go to the festival? :roll:

I do agree, stereotyping fans is never good.

one question..what's a wook? I honestly don't know! doesn't sound good.

Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:28 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

That comment about Maybe not going.... is officially stricken from my perm. record:-) Thats crazytalk... I was blown away at some negative posts here. I have a ton of respect for you guys. They way you all communicate and express your ideas openly and respectfully. It stung a little to be lumped into a group that ...believe me is very young and the extreme minority.

As someone stated earlier somewhere, places like 'ham tend to attract them. Mostly young locals who see them coming to town and they act like imbeciles. The touring Panic fans are huge ABB fans.

To answer the wook question...this is funny because 2 yrs ago I found out. Its a hairy, dirty, peddling questionable goods scenster who likes music, but being a wook-lot troll( is a wook's purpose). Usually work for the NO2 mob. Hell of a stereotype for a person attempting to check the stereotyping:-0 But seriously, they are only bad news.

Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:08 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

in hopes that i haven't been taken in the wrong light with my words....i pause and then clap to your thread.
you are correct.
like i had mentioned before,,,any fest or concert or grocery store can have some bad apples show up.
i can't wait to see Panic in the park.
theres nothing to fear.
there will be more #'s of people but again like i said before
i've only had good vibes at SoSMP !!!

lets rock it.

Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:52 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

I respect Panic and their fans. But I have seen Panic several times and I get bored! Crazy, right? But they have been playing a ton of live cuts from the Panic Allman tour on Jam On and they are AWESOME! Derek sitting in on a clasic Panic song was Noc(k)in! We will be blown away!

Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:27 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

I have HUGE respect too..for you, for the heartfelt post, and for joining in and giving some great input to this fabulous forum. I was thinking about it and I totally get you being stung by some of the opinions. I put myself in your shoes, thought how I'd feel if comments were posted about Mule fans. that would tear me up! and honestly..what show, no matter what band it is, doesn't have those people who aren't there for the music and what not. it isn't Panic fans, Mule fans, ABB fans..you can't generalize because there are those type people at every show. as I've said before, some of THE finest people I have had the pleasure of meeting and talking with on this forum are Panic fans. I am super stoked to see them, my first time, and I have no doubt that it is going to be an incredible show, and the best Wanee that I've been to...which makes me laugh cuz it's only my second Wanee!

as Wavo says so perfectly..LET'S ROCK IT! hopin shockedpanic will rock it with a group of us WSP virgins and show us how it's done! :)

Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:30 pm Profile
 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next