Last visit was: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:30 am It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:30 am

[ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Big Hype for Wanee 
Wanee Lover

Post Big Hype for Wanee
Well when I was at the mule Fl shows the big talk was of wanee,everybody was talking about the lineup,on line ,in the show,at the bars before the show thtas all anybody was talking about.Also there were all kinds of people with wanee shirts on and this was at all the shows.
Alot of the talk about how good its gonna be that they added Panic,alot of Panic fans dig the Mule wich is very cool,they all seemed like a mellow bunch of fans that take there panic very serious just like dead heads take there dead serious and Mule fans and Abb fans take those bands serious.I think we will all coexist very nicely.
Also alot of talk about the Word and NMA,Bobbies new band ect... everybody seems really excited about Wanee this year so I think the secret is truly out about wanee and the masses will start comeing and are nice little festy will turn into a nice big one.Such a great secret can't be kept quiet forever,I gues we will find out if that is a good thing or not around the middle of April.
I think it will be a good thing and I sure hope im right.
:D :P

http://mulearmy.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:35 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Big Hype for Wanee
f!*kin' DANCE PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every post on here gets me more and more excited! Just wait until I'm posting and it's a week away..... ;)

Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:01 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Veteran

The beautiful thing about Panic is that theyre 10times more magical outside. Their music and scenery blend and create moments you cant find elsewhere. If Panic didn't lose MHouser(rip) and have to rebuild (which sometimes can't be done) they would probably be too big for this fest. They were alone with Phish at the top for years. We're talking a TON of touring fans. A lot went away..grew up and couldn't recover from Mikey. The music in the last year(end half espec) has had new moments that, I think, thousands of sleeping Spreadheads are curious at the least. With the lineup, and especially the timing of the addition of WSP to this- its a perfect storm for a packed house come game time. Outside, spring, with all their closest friends from top to bottom, its a true family reunion of sorts. Musically, I hope everyone leaves it out on the stage and takes full advantage of the opportunities they have together- make in "one for the ages".

IM dehydrated....

Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:09 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

Frig it all........JUST BRING ON WANEE!!!! :mrgreen:

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:50 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

I love the music possibilities but am a little scared about the possibility of too many people. If we pick up after ourselves in honor of the park and have mercy on each other we'll be alright.

Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:07 am Profile
Wanee Pro

There's prolly gonna be a lotta ppl, and don't let it get you down if you see a lotta trash left around, the park has a great clean up crew.

But I know what you're sayin' and it does piss me off when I see the trash that ppl leave, I just remind myself that it'll be gone shortly so I don't get too pissed off about it.

As for the numbers of ppl, I dunno, if it's too crowded where you're at, just hang back, there's plenty of room :ugeek:

Unless I'm at the Ritz in Tampa at a Gov't Mule show, in which case I just repress the urge to do violence to those who infringe on my "space". Like you said, I try to have mercy on those around me

What do you mean, "caffeine isn't a vitamin"?

Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:41 am Profile
Wanee Lover

As far as picking up.........bring an extra bag and help your neighbor pick up their spot, maybe that will lessen the overflow of trash...........

Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:45 am Profile
Wanee Peach

This will be my second time at wanee and I can't wait, but alot of people from around my area are supposedly going which I dont understand( They don't listen to this type of music, they just hear that panics playing so they assume a huge party) so needless to say im also in the boat of thinking that there will be too many people! either way i'm going to have a great time!

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:11 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

I like the Panic, but the brothers are still at the top of the list. And it really doesn't matter if they brought on Carlos or Eric, the Wanee festers would still dig the Brothers in that oh so special way. I felt the same way 2 years ago about Weir and ratdog, even if The Dead were the top guest the brothers fans would still be in the right place at the right time. Speaking of which I can't wait to see Dr. John. This years list is awesome, but not because of Panic, but the Lee Boys, The Word, Johnny Winter, et al!! The Allman Family is just the BEST festival for me because of my Suwannee Roots juxtaposed to Jacksonville and Florida inland fun!! I was actually baptized by God in that river!!Just me and him with noone else reading words! Amen

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:50 am Profile
Wanee Lover

yes he did

http://mulearmy.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:05 am Profile
 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next