Last visit was: Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:11 pm It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:11 pm

[ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Random Acts of Kindness 
Wanee Lover

Post Random Acts of Kindness
Ok to change course a little and get the week started off right with good love, let's all recount an event or favor, something special that a stranger did for you, a random act of kindness at this festival (or for those of you that are Wanee virgins another show or festival) that you remember.

Mine was the first year really late night Peach stage right up in front, ABB were playing and I had waited until the last minute to pee...I just couldn't tear myself away so basically I had to cut out and hot foot it to the portapotty line. Everybody was all smiles and dancing...lines were a little long. I picked the shortest and good thing there was dancing cause I had to go... :lol: :o the guy in front of me saw me in a state of duress and offered to let me go in front of him then the guy in front of him offered to let me go and these sweet boys in front of me just pushed me right up to the front of the line. :) Evening saved. :) Thanks guys. You didn't have to but I sure am glad you did.

I returned the favor a few times the next day.

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:06 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Random Acts of Kindness
OK,great thread,I think it was last year or the year before
But im down front with my buds and Mule is kickin pretty heavy,we were making some small talk about this and that between songs and this guy we were talking with says,"Im going to get a beer do you guys want one" and im yeah right your gonna carry us beers thru this f!*king crowd and he says, Yeah with a smile.So mule is jamming away again and all of a suddin this guy pops up with 4 beers and hands me one,I don't know how he got thru that crowd with 4 beers but he did and he wouldn't even take my money,AH WANEE you got to love,I probly have a lot more stories about acts of kindness at wanee this one just popped in my head

http://mulearmy.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:21 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Yes I am Warren

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:25 am Profile
Wanee Lover

I need an angry song,thats why im reading your posts

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:29 am Profile
Site Admin

Our first wanee - Not knowing what to expect we pulled in and started driving down River Road trying to get the lay of the land and figure out the whole camping situation (pre-forum days). We were cruising along slowly and were greeted by a wonderful party chick who invited us to set up camp at their full hook-up site. It was obvious that she had already been partying that day and enjoying the atmosphere because she did nothing but smile and laugh. We had a great time setting up and partying with this cool chick and her friends and hoped that everyone was this way. We weren't let down at all. We were able to return the random act by inviting people sleeping in cars with nothing to eat to our campsite and feed them and there were other acts as well. We love wanee and the great folks who attend.

Oh yea - that smiling chick that we didn't know was Calypsomamma and we sure do appreciate her breaking us in!

What is your listening pleasure today? Find it at
AccuRadio

Deep Nuggets on Tunein Radio - Deep Nugs

And don't forget Deep Jams Radio on Tunein Deep Jams Radio

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:41 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

lubiedoobie and happy camper coming by to pick me up, drive me over to their campin spot and showing me around! then on Sunday they came back and gave Brett, Paul and I a ride to the river before they took off.

them my girls! :D

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:56 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Kev - love the random beer guy who wrangles supernatural powers to navigate and clutch more than average amount of beers. :)

WL - I always have a smile and am having a good time in Wanee. :lol: :D You have returned the favor more than once to me! Love a RAK...you never know who it is or when you will see them again. :)

Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:02 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Good trade! 8-)

Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:07 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Let's not forget our own BOS, mike12859, who provided a big jug of Wild Turkey 101 for one and all! It came in handy when the music started and you couldn't carry your own booze with ya! Thanks Mike!

Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:02 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

Honestly.....Hats off the LTS and Rita.....They didn't have to do what they did for the SOS/BOS......I think they are the snizzzle!! :P Love you guys!!

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:49 pm Profile
 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next