Last visit was: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:24 am It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:24 am

[ 10 posts ] 
 ANYONE APPRECATE THERE MUZIC/ 
Wanee Gnome

Post ANYONE APPRECATE THERE MUZIC/
Does anyone appreciate the music of Moe. or Umphreys McGee,both of these bands have played at Wanee,,, I really enjoy both bands, they are some of the best musicians you can hear.... tell me what yall think about them. Im a little dissappointed that at least one of them is not playing at Wanee

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:18 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: ANYONE APPRECATE THERE MUZIC/
Hi Big Country!

I like both bands.

Umphrey's is something I have to be in the mood for. I definitely could never go on tour with them, but I will go seem them here and there. They are from my hometown and their alma mater is where I finished Graduate School, so I kind of have to represent, huh?

moe. on the other hand used to be a favorite of mine, but in recent years they have left me a little flat. The last show I saw was at the beginning of '08 and they played a version of "Jessica" that just went on and on and on. I was not impressed. They have so much of their own material. I approve of bands covering songs (like DSO), but it's not as though moe. is an ABB cover band.

Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:48 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Wizard

I love both. In fact moe is one of my favorites. I usually see them about once a year. We will see them in Atlanta at the Tabernacle in March.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:33 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

I haven't seen Cornmeal yet but have heard lots of ppl say they kick ass! Am looking forward to my first taste of Cornmeal. :lol:

Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:01 am Profile
Wanee Lover

:lol:

Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:03 am Profile
Wanee Pro

Really like Umph's - just saw them again last weekend in Colorado. The musicianship and connection they have live really soars. It's different jamming than I grew up on with GD, Allmans, etc., but even an old fart with zero hipster credentials like me can have fun with their music. :ugeek:

I like Moe, I do. I hear them a lot on Jam On. I just haven't made the next step of seeing them live or really, really getting into them. No reason I haven't, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

There comes a redeemer/and he slowly too fades away/There follows a wagon behind him/that's loaded with clay /and the seeds that were silent/all burst into bloom and decay/The night comes so quiet and it's close on the heels of the day

Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:22 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

I don't know if moe. fits into the category of being a "younger jam band." They just celebrated their 20th anniversary last week.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:53 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Wizard

Moe always puts on a solid, high energy show. Have seen them many times and they kick my ass every time. I wouldn't consider them a younger jam band, though they do attract young fans as well as older ones.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:06 pm Profile
Wanee Master

I have caught them at MT. JAM, I like :!: 8-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:33 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Fan

I have seen .Moe alot of times, and for the most part enjoyed but was never really 'into' them. Could take it or leave it. But the set they played at Wanee a few years ago was off the hook..."Moth > Pit > Moth"... I still listen to it regularly, and now want to see them again since their little hiatus. I think they are finally really coming into their own.

Umphrey's have seen a few times too, and though I guess they are ok live, I really don't get the hype. Not my style. One show I saw of them I think at Langerado got me moving, but I own like Anchor Drops and can't really enjoy it. Safety in Numbers I own and like better, mostly just "Women Wine and Song" with Huey Lewis.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:44 pm Profile
 [ 10 posts ]