Last visit was: Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:31 am It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:31 am

[ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Lineup thoughts 
Wanee Veteran

Post Lineup thoughts
Aight, im back at work and just now getting time to sit down and digest the lineup, wow. Very excited to see the black keys on here, The Word looks amazing, Johnny Winter, P-Funk (sweetness), MOFRO is absolutely NOT TO BE MISSED for anyone who has not seen them, they are amazing.

Anf finally, my early pick for show stealer is Dumpstaphunk doing Sly and the Family Stone, this has potential to be the set of the festival, until the ABB take the stage. Hell it all looks great to me. Good Job organizer-people, great job.

Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:55 pm Profile
Site Admin

Post Re: Lineup thoughts
Good to see you back after a couple of weeks brother. Try and stay warm in those cold waters.

Black Keys are a must for me this year! (and others of course!)

What is your listening pleasure today? Find it at
AccuRadio

Deep Nuggets on Tunein Radio - Deep Nugs

And don't forget Deep Jams Radio on Tunein Deep Jams Radio

Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:58 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

How was mobile

http://mulearmy.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:00 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Since I know what to expect from Panic, the Allmans, North Miss. Allstars, and Mule...I'm gonna take a look into the "smaller" acts.

I have to agree with thedude...Dumpstafunk playing some Sly & the Family Stone is gonna get downright nasty. Don't overlook this set whatsoever.

I'm a big fan of Robert Randolph. Anything he touches is HEAT...throw in John Medeski and NMA :o

Only way I'm missing those two sets is if Panic is playing.

Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:05 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

goodbubble, did i read you were from Mississippi? Me too.

Ive seen MOFRO countless times and i guarantee they are gone jam. Always a great show, but im sticking to my pick and saying DP doing Sly and the Fam will set the mark, despite who else is playing.

Also the wailers killed the midnight jam last year, i expect nothing less this year.

Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:08 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

I am also looking forward to some of the lesser known acts. I think The Black Keys are gonna blow some people away! Very tight band with a great vibe! Bring it! 8-)

Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:13 pm Profile
Site Admin

Clijohns wrote:
I am also looking forward to some of the lesser known acts. I think The Black Keys are gonna blow some people away! Very tight band with a great vibe! Bring it! 8-)

Aren't they awesome for a 2 man group? You probably missed one of my posts from way back when where I was trying to enlighten this group of non music lovin folks about them :lol: and it just seemed like everyone was like " oh - here's waneelover again trying to get us to add another band to our library - let's humor him - maybe he'll go away". :lol:

Seriously though - I can't wait to hear them live and I really do hope they put out all of the right songs for the wanee vibe. As a bonus - I would like to see them on the mushroom stage.

What is your listening pleasure today? Find it at
AccuRadio

Deep Nuggets on Tunein Radio - Deep Nugs

And don't forget Deep Jams Radio on Tunein Deep Jams Radio

Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:29 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Yes, dude...I am from Mississippi. Gonna show these people exactly why America's music stemmed from our State....we get down folks!

Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:37 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

I LOVE ME SOME MISSISSIPPI MUSIC!!

Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:59 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

yea id love black keys on the shroom stage, but i imagine that will not be the case. Been groovin them since thickfreakness. Mofro may make the shroom stage. I just pray Dumpstaphunk will make the shroom stage bad.

Owllie, glad you love our music, we love you

Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:05 pm Profile
 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next