Last visit was: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:44 pm It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:44 pm

[ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Lineup thoughts 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Lineup thoughts
and the love comes right back at you Mississippi folks. Is there anyone cooler than the dude? I think NOT.

:D

glad to have you back on the forum, you were missed!

Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:07 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

So...I'm hearing a lot of great things about this "Mushroom Stage"...what makes this stage/setting so special as opposed to the "Peach" Stage? Is is just more intimate or is their a lot more room, better sound, etc...? Looking forward to hearing the various reasons from everybody!

Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:11 pm Profile
Site Admin

Clijohns wrote:
So...I'm hearing a lot of great things about this "Mushroom Stage"...what makes this stage/setting so special as opposed to the "Peach" Stage? Is is just more intimate or is their a lot more room, better sound, etc...? Looking forward to hearing the various reasons from everybody!

Quick story - wanee 07' we were camping along river road and early one morning Derek Trucks walked down to the river and on his way back he stopped and chatted with us a bit. I asked him when and where he was playing (pre-early schedule release days) and he said "The mushroom stage - that place is magical".

The stage is set in a heavily treed area surrounded by "love sacks" (hammocks - shared by the owners most times), fresh cooking food and makes for a great intimate setting for the right groups. We like to hang up towards the top of the incline- center area - and absorb the music and scenery. It also makes a great spot to watch "Frisbee dude"

Side note to anyone staying along River Road - keep your eyes peeled for wandering artists. They do like to get out and about and enjoy the park. The river (as expected) is a favorite stop.

Attachment:
IMG_0769.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

What is your listening pleasure today? Find it at
AccuRadio

Deep Nuggets on Tunein Radio - Deep Nugs

Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:48 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Saw Dumpstaphunk at Bear Creek on the mushroom stage. They were great, although they weren't doing Sly and the Family Stone. I think they did one or two Sly songs. Should be some good stuff. :D

Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:15 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Love the lineup just wished they would start earlier and play late.Might give the bands thar we want to see longer to play. :)

Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:17 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

thanks owllie!

shroom stage is just magick, all there is too it. whether it be the huge oaks covered in moss or whatever, its great.

iluvtopanic: i hope most everybody gets the majority of a timeslot, but last year they started playing at like 11 am, which was ungodly early at the time

Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:31 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Fri-Panic,Brothers,Derek&Susan midnight jam Sat-Brothers,Panic,and the Mule family jam to close the festival.So it was written,so it shall be done! ;)

Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:14 am Profile
Wanee Lover

I am hoping the Word and NMAS play early in the day on the Mushroom stage. This way it will be shady and no conflicts with the main acts.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:16 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Yes they should play right before the main acts say about 4:20 in the day.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:19 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Heavy thick blue smoke!

Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:24 am Profile
 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next