Last visit was: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:59 am It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:59 am

[ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Lineup thoughts 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Lineup thoughts
I just listened to some Mofro for the first time ever. I liked....a lot! :D :D :D

Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:12 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

seen mofro a bunch of times and i cannot stress enough how much they rock and how much they belong at wanee, Very good musicians and they love playing music, always a good show. Sidenote, saw Outformation (another certainly Wanee worthy band), Mofro, Mule and NMA last year in atlanta, wow what a show. JJ and Cody played with mule on 44/20 Blues, jj on harmonica and cody on the psychedelic washboard, wish you could have seen warren and especially JJ's face when cody went to scratchin on that board, priceless.

Owllie, I feel you will fall in love with MOFRO.

Im just real glad to see mofro there and i highly advise everybody to make their set if possible.

also Dr. John; saw him in December in Nawlins, ffreakin great show, excited to see him again as well.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:37 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Quote:
saw Outformation (another certainly Wanee worthy band), Mofro, Mule and NMA last year in atlanta, wow what a show.
Damn! I can't believe I missed that right here in my hometown.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:41 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

at the masquerade in July. Outformation, MOFRO, and Mule were outside back to back to back, then NMA was...wait it was Hill country revue, not NMA, anyway they played inside that night, warren even played with them a few songs. great show.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:43 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Yeah I think I remember that and we were out of town or had other plans and couldn't make it. So much music....so little time :roll:

Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:21 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

speaking of lineups, here is a look at last years lineup. this will give you an idea of how they work out the overlapping of the bands.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:14 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

freakout wrote:
Ah, finally talk of MOFRO! My hometown boys! I still can't really bring myself to refer to them as JJ Grey & Mofro, seeing as how I've pretty much raised my kids on (just) MOFRO. I can remember my son, probably 10 or 11 or so(he's 16 now), was front and center holding my spot for a late night show, while I got my wits about myself (thanks to a kind lil hippie boy handing out goodies in the field....thanks pal, i held onto a lighted-tree for the entire set :? :D ),anyways, it's going to be an awesome time with my hometown boys! I CANT WAIT!!!!!
Now what would suck to high Heaven is if MOFRO and the NORTH MiSSISSIPPI ALLSTARS were scheduled at the same time....LORDY what would I do? OMG :o
Alls I know is that I am so excited, and I would love to meet some of you fine folk on here!
See ya on the river!!!

Freakout,,,maybe you ,or someone, can tell me ,,,,
i have seen Mofro live a few times but really do not know much about them or their songs....
there is one song in particular that i am trying to find the name of.....at one point JJ starts saying something like "you gotta put something down on it".......song??

Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:11 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

owllover wrote:
speaking of lineups, here is a look at last years lineup. this will give you an idea of how they work out the overlapping of the bands.

That board is awesome, in all the festivals I've been to, I've never seen a board with the line up such as that one. I usually make a laminated miniature schedule to carry around. Like this: Image

Which typically does no good considering I don't wear a time piece.

All my problems are gold plated! All my bottoms, exaggerated.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:38 pm Profile YIM WWW
Wanee Master

Thats a good idea if we get the schedule before we all start to travel. Hmm, come think of that I think I have a portable laminate machine. Might have to bring it. They useually have it on the program but thats to bulky to carry and I like to save them also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:53 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

Dartdog82 wrote:
Thats a good idea if we get the schedule before we all start to travel. Hmm, come think of that I think I have a portable laminate machine. Might have to bring it. They useually have it on the program but thats to bulky to carry and I like to save them also.

Here is what I used to create the lams in that picture...
Link to Office Depot's laminating pouches
They don't require the machine, but that said, aren't as nice as the results when using the heated version of the laminates.

All my problems are gold plated! All my bottoms, exaggerated.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:08 pm Profile YIM WWW
 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next