Last visit was: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:32 am It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:32 am

[ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Times/Locations? 
Wanee Pro

Post Times/Locations?
I have a couple of questions for those who have attended in the past.
1)How far is camping from parking?
2)How long does it take to get into the fest once you are near?
(At one fest it took 3 hours to get in when we were only 2 miles away)Arriving thur. afternoon.
3)I understand there is a gate between the camping and the stages? Are you able to bring your own beverages/food in?
Thanks.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:32 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Times/Locations?
I usually arrive at about 2 pm on Thursday. There is hardly any line to get through the gates and only a 20 minute wait to get your wristband. From the time I drive through the entrance to when I'm at my campsite is about 45 minutes. That's in the past. This year might me rougher.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:42 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I can answer those in a friendly manner. This other guy is just being a troll. Ignore him.

I have a couple of questions for those who have attended in the past.
1)How far is camping from parking? You can park where you camp. and you can leave the park anytime.

(At one fest it took 3 hours to get in when we were only 2 miles away)Arriving thur. afternoon. Some spots are very close. Arriving thirsday morning should get a good spot,

3)I understand there is a gate between the camping and the stages? Are you able to bring your own beverages/food in?

No, but the vendors are reasonable and camping is close. Be careful bringing in paraphenalia

Take care Bro

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:43 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

liketosmoke
:arrow: Wanee Veteran

words of the wise it seems.

All my problems are gold plated! All my bottoms, exaggerated.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:47 pm Profile YIM WWW
Wanee Wizard

you CAN bring your beverages into the camping area. this seems to be a confusion to newcomers..as it was for me. you camp in the park, drink and get crazy...you go thru gates inside the park to get to the stages and that's when you CAN'T take in your beverages.

otherwise, LTS has given you the proper scoop!

keep the questions comin...someone here will definately have the answer! or refer you to the proper thread anyway.

:D

Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:27 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

dangfunky

I think this year I would get there as early as possible on Thrusday......the kick off is at 3:00 pm so I think most will try to get there early.

PLEASE ask ANY and AS MANY questions you want.....We will be glad to help. ;)

Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:28 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

have a couple of questions for those who have attended in the past.
(At one fest it took 3 hours to get in when we were only 2 miles away)Arriving thur. afternoon.
Thanks.

You can camp next to your car but the campsites rane from right next to the stage to maybe 15-20 minute walk.

as any fest, depends what time you get there. thursday should be as easy getting in as a horny, drunk 22 year old slut. but friday will be tough, it could take an hour or 2 depending on traffic, cops, wrist bands etc.

there is a gate between stages and campsites and no, you cant really take drinks in.

sorry if i repeated but i have not been here in a while

Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:34 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

Welcome back davharry! ;)

Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:38 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

NCviper wrote:
PLEASE ask ANY and AS MANY questions you want.....We will be glad to help. ;)

As a Wanee newbie, thanks to all the veterans who take the time to answer questions. I think I now know more about how to handle Wanee than I do fests I've been to! Seriously, it's much appreciated. ;)

There comes a redeemer/and he slowly too fades away/There follows a wagon behind him/that's loaded with clay /and the seeds that were silent/all burst into bloom and decay/The night comes so quiet and it's close on the heels of the day

Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:12 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

davharry2001 wrote:
have a couple of questions for those who have attended in the past.
Thanks.

You can camp next to your car but the campsites rane from right next to the stage to maybe 15-20 minute walk.

as any fest, depends what time you get there. thursday should be as easy getting in as a horny, drunk 22 year old slut. but friday will be tough, it could take an hour or 2 depending on traffic, cops, wrist bands etc.

there is a gate between stages and campsites and no, you cant really take drinks in.

sorry if i repeated but i have not been here in a while

Oh to be that "22 year old" again..........sigh........ :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: How easy will it be on a Wednesday Night? ;) ;) ;)

Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:50 am Profile
 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next