Last visit was: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:24 am It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:24 am

[ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Times/Locations? 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Times/Locations?
liketosmoke wrote:
Whatever happened to living dangerously and camping on the edge of the river bank?

I checked it out when I got there....it looked great! But it was far away from the stages and I really wanted to be somewhere that had Wifi...so I did a little war driving to find that spot.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:33 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Dartdog82 wrote:
RR, did you get a reserved spot this year :?:

I did! Very close to the M&G spot!

Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:33 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Dartdog82 wrote:
RvrRat wrote:
Last year I got there Wednesday and roped off as much area as I could without being greedy (primitive). DD, BB, and several other were going to call me (I had given them my cell #) when they got in. As a noob, it was hard for me to give good directions, plus most were coming at night and it seemed it was raining every time some one called. DD called but we couldn't make the directions work but I did end up camping with GreenEyes (and her crew of 2) and btfllsr. It worked out well as we went as a group to alot of stuff. btfllsr and I even went for a float on the Suwanee.

The point of all of this is....try to hook up with someone on the board to camp together. It makes things much more comfortable and you have a built in party! :) :)

Remembers that call, no harm done, will get togather this year :D

I remember him talkin' both of you in. Greeneyes is something, passed her Land-nav course. See you all soon.
"Paddle" thread.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:01 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

Is it April yet?! ;)

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:17 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

So...since I'm a noob on the reserved space thingy...I have some questions.
The base rate covers 2 campers? Is that right. How do they enforce that?
Both my bud and I are bringing tents but I plan on one of the enclosed hammocks too (in case of high water).
Do they count tents & pop-up & such? How big are those spaces (elec & water)?
What if we have friends visiting til daybreak? What if someone crawls into the back of my truck and passes out?
Is it $65 for each additional camper?
I could look at my paperwork to see if it's on there but I'm at work and 'Inquiring minds want to know'!
:?: :?: :?:

Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:26 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

RvrRat wrote:
Both my bud and I are bringing tents but I plan on one of the enclosed hammocks too (in case of high water).
What if we have friends visiting til daybreak? What if someone crawls into the back of my truck and passes out?
I could look at my paperwork to see if it's on there but I'm at work and 'Inquiring minds want to know'!

All I can say is last year NO ONE came by and checked our site out....I'm gonna go out on a limb here and said that would a rule thaats really hard to enforce.

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:30 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I so wish it was Arpil NC. :(

RR...when I booked the W&E site they told me it was $65 per person per day. We have 3 and so it was $390 then we added on Wed for $21 and somehow we have Thursday too but I think Steely took care of Thursday when he went up and handpicked the site.

I don't know how they will regulate. I was wondering the same thing. Last year my brother and his buddy showed up last minute and bought thier ticket at the gate. The new fees are confusing as far as how they will be applied to guests and passerouters.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:32 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

I think you can put however many tents/trailers that you can fit on a site. Some of the sites vary in size. The cost is based on how many people, with a minimum of two people per site. I am not sure how they would handle overnight guests, but my guess is that they won't be checking. But I am no expert on this....only a guess. :?

Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:33 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

ummm April. I meant to say April. AlthoughI would take an Arpil if it would get me closer to April. :)

Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:33 pm Profile
Wanee Master

RvrRat wrote:

I thought it was $65 per-person for 3 days CM the whole festy w/as many tents as you get on your site w/car or truck :!: 8-) Like my site will have 6 peeps -3 tents - 2 10x10 canopies - 2 trucks hoping we all fit :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:34 pm Profile WWW
 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next