Last visit was: Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:48 am It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:48 am

[ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 NYC versus Florida 
Wanee Pro

Post Re: NYC versus Florida
Sorry for the confusion.

I tend to go off on the closest tangent in my mind at the time I am typing.

Yes. After years of spectacular Beacon shows, ABB moved uptown to the United Palace Theater. A gorgeous venue.

MSG has pretty much ruined the Beacon for alot of artists since they took it over. Yes, they did a wonderful job of renovating the place but at the price of alienating alot of bands.

And, yes.

I meant I am still on the fence about spending $150 for Moogis this year.

And it's tempting 'cuz it was schwilly schweet last year!

Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:46 pm Profile YIM WWW
Wanee Lover

I did the Moogis last year and it was the s#%t,nothing like sitting in your leather chair and watching the brothers on your flat screen.No lines at the bathroom,only thing I had to listen on my headphones so not to disturb the rest of my household but I have those bose headphones so it sounded great and I could crank it,I will be doing it for sure again this year

http://mulearmy.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:49 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

I live in NYC and went to one of the Beacon shows last year. This year, I've opted to do Wanee instead and will not be attending the United Palace Run (unless I get a miracle). It's going to be a hell of a lot more expensive for me to do Wanee, but oh-so-worth-it. Plus, I live in Brooklyn and the United Palace is a long trek for me by train late at night in the cold.

Yeah, Wanee is a much better idea.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:07 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Pro

libarchiver wrote:
I live in NYC and went to one of the Beacon shows last year. This year, I've opted to do Wanee instead and will not be attending the United Palace Run (unless I get a miracle). It's going to be a hell of a lot more expensive for me to do Wanee, but oh-so-worth-it. Plus, I live in Brooklyn and the United Palace is a long trek for me by train late at night in the cold.

Yeah, Wanee is a much better idea.

So you have easy access to alot of great places for music living in Brooklyn.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:23 pm Profile YIM WWW
Wanee Wizard

Yeah, I do. The summer park concert series is pretty great and I have gone to The Bell House for a few shows. I don't mind going to shows that are on the Lower Side of Manhattan, but The United Palace is almost in Harlem (by train at midnight that equates to over an hour ride).

Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:31 pm Profile WWW
 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2