Last visit was: Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:55 am It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:55 am

[ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 What happened to me! 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: What happened to me!
Dude,Did you used to be James Hetfield From METALlICA

http://mulearmy.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Thu May 14, 2009 9:33 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Now I'm just another old fart in the way. :roll:

And stay off my lawn!!! :x

BTW, that's my "son" with his arm on my shoulder. I'm "Pops" and he's "Son." Great kid even if he isn't my kin.

Thu May 14, 2009 10:57 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

You better slow that galoot down or you will be santa clause before you know it. I kinda thought your efore pic looked like the guy from Dukes of hazard back in the day.

Fri May 15, 2009 12:21 am Profile YIM
Wanee Veteran

Santa wouldn't be so bad if I could get all the girls to sit on my knee ... well, the older bad girls that is! :twisted:

Fri May 15, 2009 6:24 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

cybergaloot...Bradfordville Blues Club!! Great place!! Can't wait to go there again...soon I hope!!

Fri May 15, 2009 8:24 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

BullMoose wrote:
cybergaloot...Bradfordville Blues Club!! Great place!! Can't wait to go there again...soon I hope!!

My home away from home! I love the BBC but I'm prejudiced, I run the web site for them. Wanee is killing me in a way because they have Hubert Sumlin backed by the Buddy Flett Band (look 'em up!) on that Thursday, with Joey Gilmore on Friday (won the IBC twice!) and Mikey Jr. & the Stone Cold Blues Band on Saturday (an act I've been wanting to see). Oh well, can't do everything!

Who did you see at the BBC?

Fri May 15, 2009 8:42 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

cybergaloot...I thought I recognized your name, I visit the BBC website almost everyday and I write to Gary ever so often.

To make a short story long....a friend of mine in San Fran is friends with Tommy Castro and Randy McDonald (was the bass player) in the Tommy Castro Band. I met TCB through her years ago, online in a chatroom. I first had my chance to see TCB at Tampa Bay Blues Fest in 1999, actually I met them in Ringside bar the night before they played the festival. We all had a great time.

In the meantime, I joined TCBs street team, so in January 2005 or 2006, when they played BBC the first time, I along with my brother-in-law and another good friend, met TCB at BBC and unloaded the bus for them....then proceeded to have a great time!!! Earlier that day, I had the chance to meet Gary and Kim.
Tommy had called Gary and asked that he round up someone to help unload the bus after the long drive from Fort Lauderdale (they had been on the blues cruise). Gary told Tommy not to worry, Jerry and his friends were already there to help.

Is Gary going to be at Wanee?

Sorry if I've hijacked this thread

Fri May 15, 2009 8:59 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

These threads wander all over the place so I don't think anyone minds them being hijacked. Its all good fun! Gary wont be at Wanee though he is aware of it from me. I'd love to see he and Kim come to one! They'd have a blast I'm sure. That Kim is a riot when she gets a snoot full. If she says she want to see "A Full Monty" you better watch out! She'll have your pants down around your ankles before you know what hit you! :twisted: She used to keep a riding crop at the club but we finally had to take that away from her. That little woman can get kinky!

Gary was at the Blues Music Awards last week and met Bonnie Raitt. He's on the board of the Blues Foundation.

I was at that first TCB show so we crossed paths. I was also at the Legendary R&B Revue show they did a month or so back with the TCB. Man, what a show that was! Actually, what a weekend it was! Seth Walker on Friday (one of my personal favorites) then Curtis Salgado did the best show I've ever seen him do on Saturday (even his band was impressed!) then the revue on Sunday. Tommy Castro, Ronnie Baker Brooks, Deanna Bogart and Magic Dick, those old cinderblocks of the juke joint are still shaking from that weekend! Killer show! I wish they would have let me record it. Tommy was ok with it and I've recorded RBB before, I think Denna would have been ok with it but Magic Dick politely turned me down. Oh well ... The sound crew appropriated my mic cables for the night anyway. :x Magic Dick blew his harp across my wire, that's about as close as I come to being famous! :lol:

Fri May 15, 2009 9:39 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

I missed the R&B Review at BBC, I had emailed Tommy and told him I'd see him there then I didn't get to go..dang it...hopefully next time.

Hopefully you and I can meet at Wanee, along with all the other fellow Wanee people here!!

Fri May 15, 2009 10:07 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

cybergaloot....Johnny Winter, Oct. 16th, BBC...I'll be there!!

Fri May 15, 2009 3:10 pm Profile
 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next