Last visit was: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:05 am It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:05 am

[ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 What happened to me! 
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: What happened to me!
BullMoose wrote:
cybergaloot....Johnny Winter, Oct. 16th, BBC...I'll be there!!

Get your tickets now! They will sell out fairly quickly. They did last year. When you order your tickets online you can ask for reserved seating. Kim will do her best to get you in the spot you want. There will be no dance floor, seating will go all the way up to the stage so you can sit almost directly in front of Johnny (beware, he is loud!). The warm up act will be Damon Fowler, good stuff!

Tue May 19, 2009 2:21 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Ok I will order as soon as possible. Think it's possible to get seats at the bar, right where it makes the turn to th back door? Thats the place Kim saved for us when we helped Tommy Castro a few years back. And yes, I know he's loud!!

Tue May 19, 2009 2:24 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

BullMoose wrote:
Ok I will order as soon as possible. Think it's possible to get seats at the bar, right where it makes the turn to th back door? Thats the place Kim saved for us when we helped Tommy Castro a few years back. And yes, I know he's loud!!

My friend Ree and I always get the end of the bar by the back door but just around the corner may be free. I sort of function as the "back door man". Yeah, I know that means something else.

They will probably insist on me being there because Johnny will be coming in and out that door. Last year I led the way getting him to the stage. Johnny's roadie, "Mojo", told me that if anyone reached out for him, "break their arm!" Johnny can't see well, especially in a darkened room and he is so frail that people grabbing for him freaks him out. I can't blame him.

Tue May 19, 2009 2:31 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Great, then I'll ask to sit next to you. Yes, I can understand about Johnny. I do hope to get a picture with him.

Tue May 19, 2009 2:39 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

That's where the best sound in the house is at. I hope to record Damon's set and maybe I'll get lucky and Johnny's manager will let me record his set, but I doubt it. Normally I run my recorder pulling two channels of the soundboard and two mics on stage but I probably wont be able to do that this time. I have a mic mount rigged on that half wall that comes down from the ceiling about half way back from the stage and I have cables long enough to run to my spot on the bar. That will have to do.

Tue May 19, 2009 2:46 pm Profile
 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3