Last visit was: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:54 am It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:54 am

[ 4 posts ] 
 Mickes Q&A: Road tolls 
Wanee Fan

Post Mickes Q&A: Road tolls
Not used to that as we don't have any in Sweden. Is it allways toll on bigger roads? Can you estimate how much a normal toll fee is? Can you leave a toll road when you've payed the fee and get back on for the same fee or do I have to pay again?

Thu May 14, 2009 5:44 am Profile
Site Admin

Post Re: Mickes Q&A: Road tolls
Toll roads are somewhat limited in comparrison to the amount of main roads for travel. In other words - the normal traveller would encounter few of these in the state of Florida. I don't remember where you said you were flying in to but if it is Orlando and you wanted to head north and hit Jacksonville then the main routes would be I-4 and I-95 with no tolls. If you left Jacksonville to head to waneefest then you would take I-10 with no tolls. Toll roads in Florida, for the most part, are designed to give people a faster/alternate route. If you look at Florida on the map you'll see 2 routes from South Fl. to Orlando. One is a toll road (the turnpike) with less traffic and the other is a main Interstate (I-95). Both will get you there but my experience is that the toll road traffic moves smoother/faster. Tolls range anywhere from .25 to over a dollar. This link may break down your route in costs a little more. And yes - generally if you exit the toll road, you pay to get back on.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Toll_roads_in_Florida

What is your listening pleasure today? Find it at
AccuRadio

Deep Nuggets on Tunein Radio - Deep Nugs

Thu May 14, 2009 6:22 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Thanks a lot. That was all I needed to know. Great.

Thu May 14, 2009 7:21 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Location: SWFLwhere Gregg,Matt,Dickey and several others lived and still live!
Hey there Micke, check out the baseball thread and see if any of those concerts intrest you? Peace gma

Thu May 14, 2009 9:24 am Profile
 [ 4 posts ]